Home Assistant collaborates with KNX

@#Markus_FFM

I was in a similar situation and the integration of the GA was stopping me for quite some time. 6 month ago I did the switch from IOBroker to HA. I should have done it earlier. What seems easy on the IO side is just getting the basic setup of loading the GA. But even in IO it is quite some effort to make use of the GAs. You alway need to do the unity mapping. This is now the main process which is done on the HA side. As you integrate the GAs you do the Mapping already. The outcome is a clearly defines data model.

Does the Siemens solution support Apple Thread Border Routers and Thread v1.3?

Currently 1.1
But an upgrade to 1.3 is planned in the upcoming weeks.

I don’t know, if Apple Thread Border Routers are supported. Anyway, to use it in the intended way, you also need to implement the KNX IoT application layer…

Great! Please, let us know when it’s available.

Why should the TBRs need to understand the KNX IoT app layer?

When it supports OpenThread v.1.3 it must work with all Thread Border Routers. So far I understand, it is a shall requirement. For example, a Light Bulb can be a TBR and help extend the Thread network.

But I also understand that the communication with the Thread Leader for onboarding new devices isn’t working well right now but should be standardized in the coming major release.

Are Siemens active in the OpenThread group?