Home Assistant coming for your car!

Not sure what is possible with the limitations but a simple dashboard view as the default would be ideal for me.

3 Likes

Make it ANDROID TV compatible, that’s probably where ALOT is sitting and needing HA.

4 Likes

Would be nice to explore indeed!

Maybe not a popular opinion, but I prefer using the google assistant with voice commands instead of navigating lists and buttons while I’m driving.
Still a cool feature to have, but maybe a location aware screen with a few buttons would be better suitable when you’re driving. For example, when you’re near your house it would show a button to open the garage door at home but that button won’t show up when you’re at the office. It would minimize the amount of interactions (and distractions).

2 Likes

Is it possible to add a garage door opener widget so you don’t have to go into the Home Assistant Companion app?

Let’s hope that the “Android Automotive” version called AAOS will also receive the HA Application!

I’m using AAStore as well. Made username and default dashboard for car.
Just minimal buttons

3 Likes

Hi,

It would be great if we could design a custom dashboard for this and make it the default view when using Android Auto.

I guess that brings some term problems as I could configure camera views for example (as said in the comments, that’s banned by Google in the terms&conditions, and it’s understandable) but that would be due to usage, not the app itself.

Maybe the same device type filtering done in the current Android Auto app could be applied to that custom dashboard to make it terms&conditions compliant.

What do you think?

Cheers!

1 Like

This looks simple but awesome! Just limit it to the things you really need instead of lists of everything.

1 Like

Yeah I like this as well.

Since it’s driven by the instance of the app on each users phone, it seems like each users should be able to set their own “AA Favorites” which would be shown above the entity types. This would match the experience on Android Wear and seems like a simple way to start.

3 Likes

It seems to me the next logical thing is to add carInfo.

With that we can have the car relay information to HA which can relay it to ABRP for route planning with SOC.

1 Like

This could be great for sending obd readings like odometer etc to HA

Is it just me or is scripts support broken for now?

I can see my scripts, but they are all marked as “Off” and touching them does nothing.

Iam on lastest Beta and cant See the AA Sensor for now, maybe it has to be connected to be able so See and activate the Sensor - will try it later

1 Like

Okay I guess, as a pedestrian I’m not a fan of car touch screen and distracted driver heads down on the dash to turn on a light at home.

1 Like

Better looking at dash screen with easy to navigate UI in a car rather than picking up the phone and trying to achieve the same thing there
 In many cars you don’t need to look down but have it in a good high level position.

1 Like

Great to see it! Would be good to define some kind of favorites to be shown right after opening the HA app. Ideal would be to have some AA specific dashboard, most people would probably just need a few entities to be shown there.
Looking forward to next releases!

2 Likes

feel free to submit a feature request for this!

Fixed in the latest beta, we are currently waiting for Google to approve Saturdays update. In the meantime you can sideload the APK off the github releases page.

This will be available once Google approves the latest features added in Saturdays beta push.

1 Like

Hi, just try it and it seems very nice.

The thing i likes most was the Navigate thing, and beacause of that i have a question:

I have a sensor that tells me what is the gĂĄs station with the lower price that week, and that sensor hĂĄs already cordinates um their atributes, what do i need to modify to make it appear itn the Navigate section?

1 Like