Home Assistant Community Add-on: AdGuard Home

Can you post the whole log?

Tbh I tried that. Looked at Developer options and showed the full log but there’s nothing add-on related…is there a different log somewhere?

Ok found it. Just before posting I hit Install again and without changing anything it just installed. Thanks anyway

Logs about add-ons are on the same page as the add-on. All the way to the bottom. There is a refresh link to get the full log untill that point in time.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, but I’m a bit confused by it. As you say the add-on is a way to install existing software. On that I agree. Where I don’t understand what you mean is that I have six switch.adguard_xxxxxxx entities in home assistant already that turn things on or off in the adguard addon.
So I was wondering if the block/unblock could be added since it is essentially the same thing as an on/off switch. I know it isn’t exactly the same, but similar. I hope this makes sense outside my head.
Thanks

1 Like

This doesn’t seem right. Seems to be happening since an update today, perhaps? I was made aware of an issue when I started seeing ads again while browsing.

Then I think you should add that as a feature request for the integration in HA, not the add-on. Sorry to disappoint you again, but the only reason I do is because what you want isn’t going to happen as long as it’s in this thread.

What version of the add-on are you on? Is the IP still the same? Is the router still redirecting DNS traffic to adguard?

AdGuard is Firmware: v0.101.0. IP is reserved on the router. Router is using the correct 192.168.x.x as primary DNS and 176.103.130.130 as secondary. ifconfig only shows eth0 (172.x.x.x) and lo (127.0.0.1), but I can’t imagine the wireless IP being any different.

FWIW, devices that I can manually set DNS to the IP address (namely Windows PC and laptop) DO seem to be blocking properly. All of our Android 9+ devices that rely on the router are no longer blocking. I’m unable to set DNS anymore as Google favors Private DNS and I don’t have a domain name.

As a further follow-up, the issue seems to be related to Google Fi VPN that automatically connects all the time, with no exception list for my home network. I’m now looking for a simple workaround, although I may need to rely on Tasker. Regardless, it doesn’t seem to be an AdGuard issue.

It is weird that it seemed to work for most of a day before the forced VPN circumvented it.

how did you solve your original issue? 443 in my case is blocked by the nginx addon for HA itself already.

For the certificates I was assuming the usual ones would apply here - ```
certfile: fullchain.pem
keyfile: privkey.pem

I came across this since I blocked youtoube, but Chrome still resolves it via DoH. nslookup is fine and not returning a response.

You don’t need to. This is for SSL access to the dashboard if installed outside an HA installation. It has nothing to do with DoH.

So a https upstream DNS is sufficient, without activating anything on the Encryption page? Or is that still needed to have the first checkbox for DoH checked there?

Has anyone managed to get this wonderful add-on working alongside the Nginx proxy manager add-on? they both want to bind port 80 on the container and can’t both start at the same time :frowning: Whilst it seems you can change the internal port for the web interface it doesn’t help with the container port.

If I don’t want to access the AdGuard web interface from outside of the Hassio interface, surely the container binding isn’t needed at all, assuming Hassio proxies the interface when added to the sidebar?

EDIT: Actually I think I have that backwards, the container port is the internal port and the Host port is the external one? So internally they both want port 80.

Any ideas?

Thanks

In my case both addons are running. However, both do not bind to port 80. Nginx is only using 443 in my case, and for the Adguard im only using the ingress.

I managed to get them both running by setting the web interface port for AdGuard to ‘null’. this means I can’t manage the service, but at least I can have both running for now. This isn’t an ideal solution though…

In the AdGuard DNS Settings I just have

This enables DoH on any outgoing queries.

I can access the web interface within HA (uses ingress I think).

In the add-on config

The encryption menu within AdGuard only comes into play if you are not running it within HA AIUI so I don’t enable that.

1 Like

You will still be able to manage the service via ingress. Simply toggle the show in sidebar switch.

Well I never, I assumed it wouldn’t work and didn’t check (stupid me!!). Thanks guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can it be bind to a single IP address?
Hassio has multiple ip addresses and they are listed in Adguard.
When using the intended ip:

[bakkerl@moros ~]$ nslookup google.com 192.168.75.9
;; reply from unexpected source: 192.168.75.17#53, expected 192.168.75.9#53
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

The query is in the log of AdGuard… but client will not work with reply from another IP than expected.