Home Assistant Community Add-on: AdGuard Home

You could have just set a secondary DNS (like quad9 or Google’s) and then all the devices would have fallen back to that if your RPi fell over.

Can’t help you with OpenWRT though, sorry.

1 Like

As a matter of interest, which router do you use?

Hi,

I have an error when installing AdGuard Home in my home assistant configuration :
Couldn't start forwarding DNS server, cause: couldn't listen to UDP socket, cause: listen udp 0.0.0.0:53: bind: address already in use

I saw that I am not the only one to have this error, however, I haven’t find any way to resolve it in my case. My Home Assistant in installed with docker, maybe it is related…

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks

No, you are not only one :slight_smile: I suffer from the same.

“Couldn’t start forwarding DNS server, cause: couldn’t listen to UDP socket, cause: listen udp 0.0.0.0:53: bind: address already in use”

even more weird in my case is the fact that like 20 days ago I did install this AGH and everything worked right out of the box. But then I stopped it as I was not sure how it will co-work with the rest of my network.
This morning I re-enabled add-on (just started again and get exactly same error).
Needless to say that no other add-on shave been installed meanwhile. The only difference to 20 days ago is all the latest version of host, core and supervisor installed
I suspect something of these causes this issue, something under the hub has taken over port 53 in the meantime.

btw. after many restarts, try-and-pray tweaking and of course hair tearing, soemthing went really wrong, so had to restore yesterday’s backup.
But AGH still does not work.

Different command worked on Ubuntu 20.04

Hi,
Did you manage to resolve this?
I have the same issue, once i disable AdGuard I can stream YouTube no problem.

1 Like

No, I did not get it working. I disabled dns to my system for my TV.

While that does work for adguard it removes the ability for local HA to resolve dns.

The correct way around this issue is here:

1 Like

Hi
I need to have the ability to cut the internet in certain devices of my network after a few hours of daily usage. Can this be done with this ad-don?

I think it’s possible to cut of the DNS for some devices yes. But that is not the same as cutting off internet access.

What kind of router, switches and AP’s do you have? Maybe the solution is there?

My router is a speedport plus, it can’t do that

I want to make some Google AMP workaround, I want to be able to redirect to the ordinary url. I’ve found some .js scripts online but cant figure out how to enable these, any help? :slight_smile:

A few days ago my adguard integration stopped working. Today I decided to quickly remove it form HA and put it in again. Now I can’t add it as integration anymore. Important to note: I run Adguard seperately not as addon. Login to Adguard Web UI works.

Just noticed it has a flag that you must be on 113.2 to install. Trying now . . .

That is caused by safe search.

It block anything not appropriate for all ages

I’m having the same issue as @daxm, @frenck.
AdGuard is running separately, and as of 4-5 days ago the integration stopped working. After deleting it, now I’m unable to add it again.
Enforce safe search is disabled.

The integration is fixed in 0.113.2 of Home Assistant.

I’m on 0.113.2 and the issue is still present.

Well maybe clarify your issue then…

Thanks for the support.
@julianl, @daxm did 113.2 fix it for you?