Home Assistant Community Add-on: Bitwarden RS

anyone is able to use it with iOS app?

Is this still the case now? Just wonder if there is any change in the 2 yrs. since this question was originally asked?

Iā€™ve been able to use it with the iOS app on my iPad, you need to tap the cog on the login screen and enter your domain that you use to access the ui

This is how I recovered the admin token:

1. install the Portainer addon from here https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-portainer
  2. go to the Bitwarden container and open the console
  3. in the container console type the command cat /data/config.json , the admin token will be in the list of configurations.
1 Like

I installed this addon and it works. I come from keepass, looking for a modern multiuser online password manager.
I have only one question:
why one of the most used password manager in the world, has this ugly interface? moving folders to reorganize the import from keepass needs a degree in computer science.

Iā€™m not migrating my passwords one by one by hand.

@frenck - How can I change the email settings or turn off two step login without logging through the main website? The existing email settings point to a server thatā€™s no longer valid. Thanks

Maybe I can modify config.json in a backup file and restore it? I tried but was unsuccessful (backup loads but the restore doesnā€™t work).

Hello guys

Iā€™m trying to run vaultwarden with SSL. I have DuckDNS+Letā€™s Encrypt and NGINX proxy. If I go to my vaultwarden instance via web with SSL it works fine (althought it says certificate is not valid) and then if I use the app it gives me the error ā€œFailed to Fetchā€. Any ideas? If I just go with no SSL it works just fine via web or app.

Edit: In all cases I access vaultwarden from my LAN and is not exposed to the internet

Looking for how to remove admin token nag message about plain text password stored in system.

Iā€™m using HA OS as VM.

successfully ran this command:
docker exec -it addon_a0d7b954_bitwarden /opt/vaultwarden hash

and got this result:
Generate an Argon2id PHC string using the 'bitwarden' preset: Password: Confirm Password: ADMIN_TOKEN='$argon2id$v=19$m=65540,t=3,p=very_long_value_blah-blah-blah'

I also found that plain text admin token possible to see via this command:
docker exec -it addon_a0d7b954_bitwarden cat /data/config.json

To secure using admin token, should I edit config.json file and if yes, what exactly need to be written there?

I run vaultwarden for over a year now and everything was fine.
for my own account somehow I didnā€™t go through the authorization process because I never configured smtp.

now I created an account for my wife, So I configured SMTP and send the invite,
but she gets an error creating the account. ā€œFailed to fetchā€

maybe the issue is the same as for @Rachdingue , at least the message is.

edit:
needed to enable: image

I have vaultwarden setup fine in my HA instance. For some reason I donā€™t seem to have kept my admin token, and I now want to add some Yubikeys to my account.

Is there an easy way to find/reset the admin token in Vaultwarden running as a HA add-on?

Hi @Gugul, did you end up sorting this out?
Iā€™m just about to try the sameā€¦
Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hi, you can run this:
docker exec -it addon_a0d7b954_bitwarden cat /data/config.json | jq -r '.admin_token'

Note: if you run this, for example with Advanced SSH &Web Terminal, then you should run that addon not in protected mode!

1 Like

Perfect - thanks!

Hi!

First off, best wishes for 2024!

Have been using the Vaultwarden add-on for the last 1.5 years and want to now introduce the rest of the family! Made an organization and started inviting family members but whatever I do, it never allows to into the organization.

Steps I did:

• User has an account in the vaultwarden vault and is visible in the admin panel.
  • User can login to vaultwarden (bitwarden)
  • User can click link received via mail to be added to organization
  • Then problems start, when clicking and login in, nothing happens. Login happens but no organization added.

Hoping that somebody has a hint how to fix! Searched in the forum but couldnā€™t really find a working answer.

PS. Also have the verify email address notification on all accounts when login in via browser, any hints how to get rid of that? Email arrives but when clicking and login in, nothing. Message stays.

Hello,
does anyone know how to do the admin_token thing?

Iā€™ve searched the forums and I canā€™t find any information. I have run the command:
docker exec -it addon_a0d7b954_bitwarden /opt/vaultwarden hash
But it still shows me that the admin_token is in plain text, what else needs to be done?

Thank you.

Iā€™m wanting to migrate my Vaultwarden setup from an external Docker container to this add-on but Iā€™m stuck with accessing the add-on data directory.

Previous posts in the thread that the add-on data directory could be accessed through ssh at either:

• /mnt/data/supervisor/addons/data/a0d7b954_bitwarden/
  • /usr/share/hassio/addons/data/a0d7b954_bitwarden/

neither of these directories are visible to me, even with Protection mode disabled.

I can see that the add-on through the commnand:
docker exec -it addon_a0d7b954_bitwarden ls -la data

Is there a configuration setting that Iā€™m missing to make add-on data directory accessible?

To answer my own questions:

I looked at the add-on configuration in github and saw that it doesnā€™t map any of the internal directories to host system, unlike Nginx Proxy Manager which maps to the addon_config directory.

So in the end I copied my existing db.sqlite3* files onto the data directory in hassos using WinSCP and then into the vaultwarden container using the following commands in the Terminal add-on:

docker container pause addon_a0d7b954_bitwarden
docker cp /data/db.sqlite3 addon_a0d7b954_bitwarden:/data
docker cp /data/db.sqlite3-shm addon_a0d7b954_bitwarden:/data
docker cp /data/db.sqlite3-wal addon_a0d7b954_bitwarden:/data
docker container unpause addon_a0d7b954_bitwarden

After re-starting the vaultwarden add-on all old my users and passwords were available.

Please help me for solve the problem.

When i OPEN WEB UI in Vaultwarden (Bitwarden) addon then open
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 23.35.59
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 23.40.22

But Vaultwarden add on working when i use
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 23.35.28
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 23.41.18

Could either be hearpin not working. Or portforwarding missing.
If possible in your router assign your hostname directly to the internal address. Itā€™s better and faster.
If thatā€™s not possible forward port 7277 to your ha instance. You probably did the same for 8123

1 Like