Home Assistant Community Add-on: Grafana

the influxDB & Grafana plug-ins work really super great. Thx for making it so easy for us.

I want to set the Grafana configuration [date_formats] from the browser use_browser_locale

use_browser_locale = true

Where can I put that configuration text ? I tried Supervisor -> Add-Ons -> Grafana -> Configuration. Did not work…

Hi all

I have Influx DB up and running and installed Grafana but i cannot access the Web UI. I get a 502 bad gateway error.

RPi3B+ with HASS.IO

Is it possible to install plugins that are not listed on the grafana plugin website? I found this here on Github https://github.com/grafana/worldmap-panel (its a bit more stable version of the other worldmap plugin) and I don’t know how to install it.

I tried this in Configuration:

- name: GF_INSTALL_PLUGINS
    value: >-
      https://github.com/panodata/grafana-map-panel/releases/download/0.15.0/grafana-map-panel-0.15.0.zip;grafana-map-panel

But this is not working, there are no errors when grafana starts, but I can´t find the plugin in the list.

1 Like

i had requested/asked for the plugins to get this way,
but the answer was no. check post 239

Dear all, previously i have used the influxdb and grafana from the HASS package and this worked ok. To reduce the load on the RPI4 I have moved the influxdb instance to an external host.
Now I am trying to get the new install of Grafana (within HASS) connected to the external influxdb.
When adding the influxdb datasource, the grafana interface only gives back “unexpected error” and nothing special is logged, not even when the loglevel is set tot trace.
Next I have made another host for a dedicated install of Grafana. This new host (outside HASS) is able to get the datasource configured and can show my dashboard.

With this success, I switched back to the HASS Grafana add-on and entered exactly the same configuration details as is used at the host with grafana. When all is entered the same error is shown with the add-on. It is even not possible to delete the ‘empty’ datasource and the same error is shown “unexpected error”.

Are others experiencing the same with an externally hosted influxdb?

Details:

• HASS core-2021.4.5;
  • hass grafana add-on v6.3.1 → version listed at the ‘upgrade’ page * v7.5.4 (615c153b3a);
  • influxDB v1.6.4 (running on ubuntu 20.04);
  • Grafana 7.5.4 (running on ubuntu 20.04) - version detail: v7.5.4 (615c153b3a);

HASS network: 172.16.18.25/24;
InfluxDB host: 172.16.18.36/24;
Grafana host: 172.16.18.37/24;

Thanks in advance!

Tonight I was able to add the datasource to the external influxdb.

What i had to do to get it working:
Configure Grafana to be accessible from outside (ingress) on f.e. port 3600 (TCP:3000 resulted in not being able to start the Grafana add-on anymore);

Change the configuration as followed:

Next start the Grafana plugin and access it from outside HASS on http://:3600 .

Now I am able to configure the database from outside HASS, and create/edit and save & test the datasource:

When accessing the WEB-UI from within HASS and trying to 'save & test" the datasource:

But nonetheless, I am able to query data from the datasource once it has been saved and tested via external access.

Hi All

I have home assistant running on a VM.

I set up InfluxDB and Grafana earlier today via the add-on store. Both installed successfully and I built a couple of dashboards in grafana.

I restarted the machine my VM is running on this afternoon and for some reason grafana won’t open. I get 502 bad gateway when I try to access from the sidebar.

There are some errors in the system log that are relevant:

21-05-03 14:56:04 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.plugins.observer] Starting observer plugin
21-05-03 14:56:17 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Watchdog found a problem with a0d7b954_grafana application!
21-05-03 14:56:27 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [supervisor.docker.interface] Stopping addon_a0d7b954_grafana application
21-05-03 14:57:02 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Server disconnected
21-05-03 14:57:13 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot connect to host 172.30.33.6:1337 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('172.30.33.6', 1337)]
21-05-03 14:57:41 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [supervisor.docker.interface] Cleaning addon_a0d7b954_grafana application
21-05-03 14:57:55 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.observer] Starting Observer homeassistant/amd64-hassio-observer with version 2020.10.1 - 172.30.32.6
21-05-03 14:58:12 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker] Can't attach addon_a0d7b954_grafana to hassio-network!
21-05-03 14:58:13 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.addon] Starting Docker add-on ghcr.io/hassio-addons/grafana/amd64 with version 6.3.3
21-05-03 14:59:09 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API request initialize
21-05-03 14:59:09 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] WebSocket access from a0d7b954_nodered
21-05-03 14:59:09 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API request running
21-05-03 14:59:44 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot connect to host 0.0.0.0:1337 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('0.0.0.0', 1337)]
21-05-03 15:00:13 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Watchdog missing application response from a0d7b954_grafana
21-05-03 15:01:19 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot connect to host 0.0.0.0:1337 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('0.0.0.0', 1337)]
21-05-03 15:01:21 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot connect to host 0.0.0.0:1337 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('0.0.0.0', 1337)]
21-05-03 15:02:13 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Watchdog found a problem with a0d7b954_grafana application!

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Like

Is there a way to install a Grafana plugin that is not listed at Grafana Plugins - extend and customize your Grafana | Grafana Labs ?

In particular this is the plugin URL GitHub - gipong/grafana-groupedbarchart-panel: grouped bar chart panel plugin for grafana

I see this was requested Support custom grafana-cli commands by matt-FFFFFF · Pull Request #79 · hassio-addons/addon-grafana · GitHub but was marked stale.

2 Likes

Hello All! Since the upgrade to 6.3.4 the renderer doesn’t work anymore for me. If I click on share - direct rendered image I get a Grafana / Server Error saying “rendering failed”.
This is the log from the add-on:

[15/May/2021:09:18:31 +0200] 200 -(172.30.32.2) GET /api/health HTTP/1.1 (Python/3.8 aiohttp/3.7.4.post0)
t=2021-05-15T09:19:07+0200 lvl=info msg=Rendering logger=rendering renderer=plugin path=“d-solo/RkwWjlcMz/consumption-appliances?orgId=1&from=1618471069791&to=1621063069791&panelId=2&width=1000&height=500&tz=Europe/Budapest”
t=2021-05-15T09:19:07+0200 lvl=eror msg=“Render request failed” logger=plugins.backend pluginId=grafana-image-renderer url=“http://localhost:3000/d-solo/RkwWjlcMz/consumption-appliances?orgId=1&from=1618471069791&to=1621063069791&panelId=2&width=1000&height=500&tz=Europe/Budapest&render=1” error=“Error: Failed to launch the browser process!\n/var/lib/grafana/plugins/grafana-image-renderer/chrome-linux/chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-dri3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory\n\n\nTROUBLESHOOTING: https://github.com/puppeteer/puppeteer/blob/master/docs/troubleshooting.md\n
t=2021-05-15T09:19:07+0200 lvl=eror msg=“Rendering failed.” logger=context userId=1 orgId=1 uname=admin error=“rendering failed: Error: Failed to launch the browser process!\n/var/lib/grafana/plugins/grafana-image-renderer/chrome-linux/chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-dri3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory\n\n\nTROUBLESHOOTING: https://github.com/puppeteer/puppeteer/blob/master/docs/troubleshooting.md\n
t=2021-05-15T09:19:07+0200 lvl=eror msg=“Request Completed” logger=context userId=1 orgId=1 uname=admin method=GET path=/render/d-solo/RkwWjlcMz/consumption-appliances status=500 remote_addr=“192.168.2.208, 172.30.32.1” time_ms=11 size=768 referer=

I’m running HA 2021.5.4 on a NUC, everything is up to date and it used to work until the latest Grafana upgrade.
My Grafana add-on config is as follow:
plugins:

• michaeldmoore-multistat-panel
    env_vars:
  • name: GF_AUTH_ANONYMOUS_ENABLED
    value: ‘true’
    ssl: false
    certfile: fullchain.pem
    keyfile: privkey.pem

I also have the same problem with the renderer after I upgraded the Grafana to 6.3.4. Hopefully the next release will have the fix. At the moment, I restore back to 6.3.3 and the renderer is working again.

Shortening my original post:

What is the proper way of viewing dashboards outside of HassOS, itself? I tried http://‘serverip’:3000 from a network computer and got nothing. I tried multiple edits of env_vars, but kept getting: can’t assign the requested address, failed to open listener, and no such host errors.

EDIT: I didn’t realize there was a share button on the dashboards. That’s a ridiculously long URL that it creates though…Is this the only way to remotely view dashboards using this plugin?? I keep seeing references online where a login screen comes up, but using the long URL immediately logs into the default admin profile.

EDIT2: Well, I guess no one has an answer, or doesn’t care. I ended up installing Grafana on my second Pi4, which runs the Unifi Network controller, VPN, and other stuff. It connected to the InfluxDB in the HassOS add-on perfectly. I exported my dashboards, and now I can log into just Grafana from any network PC. http://myserverip:3000 works just fine.

1 Like

I hope we will find out a hero who will help us set up this universe-problem with image rendering. Why the hell is so difficult to solve this Grafana problem with image rendering? Not to speak installing it on Raspberry …

Error: ✗ plugin is not supported on your architecture and OS
[21:11:02] FATAL: Failed installing Grafana plugin: grafana-image-renderer

Hi, I would like to use the strava plugin with this addon: Strava plugin for Grafana | Grafana Labs

But I have no idea what I should put as redirect_url in the Strava API Developers page. I always get the error “strava.com refused the connection” if I try to connect to strava.

I suppose that the redirect_url is the problem?

Regards Ben

Hello,

I’d like to change the date format to UK. i.e. days before months.

Can someone kindly explain how I can achieve this please?

I’m running v7.2 of the add-on.

Thanks

Hi there,

Is there a guide on how to setup and connect grafana to Home Assistant Container? I’ve searched and only found information for running it on Home Assistant OS.

This one worked for me fine, also without using a reverse proxy, just by entering the IP and custom Port.

hello, How can I install hastic addon to grafana? Can somebody help me?

The docker container stops.
so i use

docker run -ti --user root --volume /volume1/docker/grafana --entrypoint bash grafana/grafana-enterprise:8.2.0

(Run Grafana Docker image | Grafana Labs)

and then

chown -R root:root /etc/grafana && \
chmod -R a+r /etc/grafana && \
chown -R grafana:grafana /var/lib/grafana && \
chown -R grafana:grafana /usr/share/grafana

then i get chown: unknown user/ group grafana:grafana
what could be my mistake ?

I updated to 7.5.0 today and found my alerts system blown into bits. Apparently the legacy dashboard alerting is removed and instead migrates my alerting rules to Grafana unified alerting. I still have the alert rules and they look ok, but when they fire I get something very different sent out over the webhook. Some data is missing and everything is just extremely different. #whycantshitjuststaythesame

Is there any reference available somewhere on how the webhook messages sent are changed? For now I went back to a backup of my 7.4.1. installation but eventually I have to upgrade.

and can it visualize data stored in HA then? as the description implies:

query, visualize, alert on and understand your metrics no matter where they are stored

1 Like