Home Assistant Community Add-on: Grocy

I’ve just tested it on on HA companion app (3.0.2) on Android and the scanner is working.
Which OS and version are you using?

I have this same issue :frowning: (works now)

It works for me now i have selected all the enties and pushed on Enable selected after this they all started to update

I’ve tested it on my Huawei P10 lite with android 8.0.0 and some other phones but the problem only occurs on my phone. Anyway I just wanted to have a nice shopping list and I think Grocy is to complex for my use and the HA shopping list integration also doesn’t fit my case so I´m trying to build my own list.

I get an error when trying to consume 10.66 using the grocy.consume_product_from_stock.

I am tracking my coffee consumption so i have 4000 gram of coffee in grocy. My machine uses 10.66 gram of coffee per cup.

When i try to consume the 10.66 using the service grocy.consume_product_from_stock.

It gives the following error:

expected int for dictionary value @ data['amount']

anyway how i can fix this?

While using trough home assistant app to scan barcode, the app switch camera to wide mode and cannot scan the code. How to set this up pls?

That doesn’t sound like it is related to the Grocy add-on (this thread). The Grocy add-on doesn’t provide a specific service call, the community add-on does. I’d try to ask there: Grocy - Custom component and card(s)

That’s specific to the HA app, please ask there. Grocy only expects your input, no matter where it comes from (an app, you typing it, from a scanner…).

“using an option built into Grocy”. Maybe you can tell me how to enable this option. I have an Android phone with a barcode reader app. No matter if I go to Grocy through Home Assistant app (supervisor-Grocy) or Chrome (URL) on my phone, it gives me (sometimes) a barcode “window” under “add” with a bulb (I assume is for lighting up the barcode), but NO reader (red line).

I’ve spent hours messing with this “for convenience” in keeping a pantry inventory. Before I go completely crazy over this, does it actually import data for the scanned barcode or will I have to enter the info and associate it with the barcode. I can do that already with Memento Database

Sorry to say, but what you’re trying to do is not possible in that way. :open_mouth:

The scanning function in Grocy is only available if you connect to your Grocy instance via https. And on top, the scanning function depends on browser settings (security), that can always change during a browser update.

But what I read from your post, what you want to do is scanning a barcode, ask the internet for a product for this barcode, get information back and add that to Grocy. For that you’d need something like BarcodeBuddy.
You’d scan a barcode with BCB (not Grocy!), BCB is calling different databases (settings dependable) and gives you either a message for a not known barcode or what it found in the db. If the product is not already set up in Grocy, you can add it with one click or remove it (wrong product).
With adding the product to your inventory things change. :wink: The next scan to BCB (still not Grocy) will realise that (it asks Grocy) and your scan will consume x-times the product. If you change the scanning settings before, you can switch to add mode, so the next scan will add x-times the product. This is done by scanning a specific barcode before scanning a product.

To make it short, Grocy only adds your barcode as an identification, not for further use (minimalistically speaking). If you want to make use of your barcode, you need something like BCB.

I hope that clears it up a little. :slight_smile:

To make things nice, BCB is available as a HA addOn, but there is a small bug, that prevents BCB from saving the data persistently. But that is being worked on. :slight_smile:

I am working on a tutorial about the use of all the different components that are available together/for Grocy, that will be ready in a few days. But I’ll wait for BCB to fix the addOn before I’ll publish it. :slight_smile:

If you have further questions, please open up a new thread, as this one here is only for the HA addOn of Grocy. Just put a link in here to direct people to your question. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick and informative response. I am not very proficient with HA - sometimes try to be with mixed results. I found the documentation for Barcode Buddy a little intimidating. I understand that I can install in a “Docker container” in HA; if I also understand correctly, HA itself (in my instance) is running in a Docker container. I have used the “Terminal & SSH” addon before to get to a command prompt (shell?) but don’t know if that has anything to do with making or finding a Docker container.
I am happy to hear that there is a BcB addon coming - it looks like it will be great and do exactly what I’m looking for. Please let me know (if you can) when and where to view the tutorial.

Anyone know how to reset users/passwords for Grocy when unable to login?

I threw this together for it:

thats good man add thanks

just add new user del admin

I think I have the HACS addon on installed. I enabled the entities. My question is; are all chores supposed to be grouped into one sensor.grocy_chores entity?

I only have two chores right now but grouping them all into one sensor is limiting and not very useful.

I have a webpage card configured to show the url for the Recipes tab of Grocy. This works if I am logged into Grocy, but if the cache is cleared (frequently) or I am logged out of Grocy, then I receive a “401: Unauthorized” error. Is it at all possible to remain logged in and cached or remove the need to log in altogether? I know it sounds odd, but it matches my particular use case. Thank you!

Not sure if this has been answered yet or not in this thread, or in another thread, but all my searches seem to bring me back to this thread.

Right now Home Assistant doesn’t allow users to see Grocy in the side menu, you have to be an Admin. But I don’t want to give admin access to everyone. But in my searches I found that Grocy has an app you can download for Android (not sure if there is one for iPhone or not) but is there a way to connect the two? Hoping I can get this figured out as a work around until HA lets you give users access to certain Side menu options.

Haven’t tried this myself, but there must be a way to port-forward your Docker install of Grocy to an address that is accessible by the Grocy app…like, 172.x.x.x (Docker IP) to 192.x.x.x or whatever your LAN IP is and then point the NGINX proxy to it and use a subdomain (or VPN directly to the 192 address).

Traefik can do this via the docker network.

Do something like this:

version: '3.3'
services:
  grocy:
    image: linuxserver/grocy:latest
    environment:
      TZ: America/Phoenix
    volumes:
     - /var/data/grocy:/config
    networks:
     - traefik_public
    logging:
      driver: json-file
    deploy:
      labels:
        traefik.docker.network: traefik_public
        traefik.enable: 'true'
        traefik.http.routers.grocy.entrypoints: websecure
        traefik.http.routers.grocy.rule: Host(`YOUR.GROCY.HOSTNAME`)
        traefik.http.routers.grocy.tls: 'true'
        traefik.http.services.grocy.loadbalancer.server.port: '80'

since some time (weeks at least) i get the following error:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:172
Setup failed for grocy: Integration not found.

Grocy is available, i can access it outside of home assistant, but sensors are not available.
I tried reinstalling grocy - nothing changes.
Everyone else? any ideas?

Looks like grocy v 3.1. is out (with support for separate meals in meal plan!!): Changelog & release history | grocy I don’t really understand how add-ons use or pull docker images, but I’m wondering what needs to be done to upgrade to v3.1. Thanks!