Home Assistant Community Add-on: iSolarCloud / Sungrow

In my case I went to the Portainer Add-On and the gosungrow container and started the console. That way - after editing the config file with my credentials again - I could finally enter the commands.

In the same boat here: My pv will finally be connected on feb. the 13th. - then I should be able to find the correct sensors by comparing the gosungrow add-on and the app I have on my mobile.

Hi, I’m using Home assistant in a docker container on a raspberry pi running Raspbian Bullseye without a supervisor. So I cannot use add-ons. Its seems that on github there is only an amd64 version of the docker file. Is this component available as a docker installation for the raspberry pi (Raspbian bullseye)?

Hi,

I have managed to install the add-on and it seems to be running correctly according to the log.

However, I fail to understand how to setup the sensors with the correct IDs etc. Can someone explain this in a more thorough way?

Thanks

You have to download the Windows tool GoSungrow

Then run GoSungrow but will fail. You need to configure the config.json on your Windows user directory (C:\Users\Name.GoSungrow) for the login details. With “GoSungrow ha lovelace” it will create your files with all needed details

How did you get the entities? They don’t show up on my HA, but everything else works.

I don’t have any entities but everything else is working. How do I get the entities?

Thanks for your response Tkoetzing, I downloaded the GoSungrow-3.0.4 Windows tool GoSungrow and put it in C:\Program Files\GoSungrow-3.0.4

I’ve downloaded the “GoSungrow-windows_amd64.tar.gz” though I’ve no idea where that goes…

I’ve Set up my config.json file with the right login details

But where do I type the all-powerful command “GoSungrow ha lovelace”?

In the windows terminal?
In something like vs-code?

I feel like this is going to be an “ah, you’re an idiot StuartWalesAU” moment and I’d love to share it with you…

Thanks in advance…

Pre-prerequisites

• Install and configure Home Assistant Add-on: Mosquitto broker (MQTT)
  • Install Home Assistant Community Store (HACS)
  • Through HACS add Lovelace “Canvas Gauge Card” and "Lovelace Mini Graph Card"

GoSungrow Config

PS_Key and PS_Id

Download GoSungrow-windows_amd64.tar.gz
https://github.com/MickMake/GoSungrow/releases/download/v3.0.4/GoSungrow-windows_amd64.tar.gz

Use 7-zip and upack the tar.gz file first into tar and then finally to the exe. You will get four files GoSungrow.exe, changelog, licence and readme.

1. Execute GoSungrow.exe (doesn’t matter where you start the exe)
  2. The exe will create an empty config.json in C:\Users\your_username\ .GoSungrow
  3. Edit C:\Users\your_username\ .GoSungrow\config.json with your details
  4. From a CMD execute “GoSungrow.exe show ps list” that should return your devices and then use “GoSungrow ha lovelace” creates the lovelace.yaml with your own PS Key and PS Id

Search inside the lovelace.yaml files for “binary_sensor” and remove “binary_”

Thanks to MickMake for creating that Add-on!

4 Likes

Hi , a simple F5 to update the gui often resolv those things. It did for me atleast.

Hi just wondering if you made the lovelace custom card mentioned at the top.

Thanks

Hello, i am new to Home Assistant.
I installed GoSungrow Addon and run it. On the log files is everything ok.
How i can add data to Energy tab or how i can see data from the addon like this?

Can someone give me help for that step by step.
Many thanks!

Hey,
I have an install problem like @HansDampfwurst
always got this information when I try to install:

The command '/bin/ash -o pipefail -c chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/setup.sh && /usr/local/bin/setup.sh' returned a non-zero code: 1

Is there any solution?

tkoetzing!

Thanks for your clear explanation - what a star

@tkoetzing thank you so much for the details.

When I try to create the yaml files I get “can’t find device type 14 attached to ps_id xxxxxxxxx”

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

I did get the ps_id in the previous step.

Thanks
Jan

1 Like

When given the command “GoSungrow ha lovelace” I get the following error:

Can’t find DeviceType 43 attached to ps_id XXXXXX

Yes, same here entering “GoSungrow ha lovelace”. The app seems to expect that the following devices always are present when entering “GoSungrow show device list” to produce the lovelace.yaml file.
14 │ Energy Storage System
43 │ Battery
Maybe someone can show a simple example lovelace.yaml file so the step can be omitted?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
Edit:
I found some examples here HomeAssistantAddons/GoSungrow/docs/lovelace at main ¡ MickMake/HomeAssistantAddons ¡ GitHub but they are quite large.
I got some entities into HomeAssistant via “GoSungrow mqtt run or sync” and may get it to work via Multiple Dashboards - Home Assistant but it feels as it is to many loose ends and easy failing getting a nice additional dashboard.

In my case it helps to switch from HA 32 Bit to 64 Bit during switch from MicroSD to SSD. Can you check what HA version (32 or 64 Bit) are you running on?

@HansDampfwurst thanks for your answer.
I now using SunGather. This is working for me. The good thing, its local and not over the cloud.

And I am using a raspberry 4 with 32 bit, maybe this was my problem here,too.

Same here.