Home Assistant Community Add-on: motionEye

You can add stram from motion eye to HA. Video streaming ->Streaming URL

OK its works!
How i add it to my configuration.yaml ?
I want add the camera to my Picture Elements map

this my configuration code

camera:
 - platform: mjpeg
   mjpeg_url: https://***.duckdns.org/api/hassio_ingress/Xp2ug3QQQQ123F1MreG8y777GmV1Sf_QR_JytBFCMMMM8BWBRyeERc/picture/2/frame/
   name: hallcam

And this next code from Picture Elements

- entity: camera.hallcam
    icon: 'mdi:video'
    style:
      left: 38%
      top: 25%
      width: 7%
1 Like

:tada: Release v0.6.0

Full Changelog

This is a general maintenance release.

:hammer: Changes

• :arrow_up: Updates motioneye to v0.42 (#62)
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades add-on base image to v5.0.3
  • :books: Update add-on installation instructions
  • :fireworks: Updates maintenance/license year to 2020
  • :pencil2: Funding adjustments
  • :pencil2: Fixes some spelling and grammar
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades add-on base image to v6.0.1
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades curl-dev to 7.67.0-r0
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades libcurl to 7.67.0-r0
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades gcc to 9.2.0-r3
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades musl-dev to 1.1.24-r0
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades python2 to 2.7.16-r3
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades py-setuptools to 42.0.2-r0
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades cifs-utils to 6.9-r1
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades ffmpeg to 4.2.1-r3
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades mosquitto-clients to 1.6.8-r0
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades nginx to 1.16.1-r4
  • :arrow_up: Updates pillow to v6.2.2 (#63)
  • :pencil2: Fixes some spelling and grammar

Questions? Join our Discord server! https://discord.me/hassioaddons
Enjoying my add-ons? Consider supporting my work:
https://github.com/sponsors/frenck or https://patreon.com/frenck

1 Like

Please help. Is it a bug or a feature?
My hub (HassOS + motionEye Add-on) canot see (red frame) when is camera (remote motionEyeOS camera based on Raspberry Zero) triggered.

Iā€™m using the motioneye add-on with hass.io, using docker on a ubuntu server. I have two more drives that Iā€™d like to save the recordings to that hass/motion eye cant see, is there anyway to add these in?

did you ever get this working i have the same problem now

yep i second this, i have a Ubuntu server on same network that serves my NFS and my audio visual. obviously seeing as it ZFS i would like the recordings to be saved here and not default location.

problem i have is it just wont connect. cant even ass NFS share to hass.io server as it wont see it

short of not using the plugin and just installing for my self Iā€™m not sure what to do its a shame this plugin is just what i was looking for so would like to get it working.

I attempted to mount the hard drives to inside the hass.io share but my linux skills are pretty poor and it didnā€™t work.

I think I may just install motioneye by itself.

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can expose a camera in motioneye addon (with ingress) to another instance of hassio on another network?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Not via Ingress, you would have to open a port in the add-on Network settings.

1 Like

Thanks! Will give that a goā€¦

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on what settings they are using. I have 2 reolink 5mp cameras connected via RTMP (rtmp://192.168.1.***/bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user=***&password=*** ). I am running HA on a virtual machine with 2 cores, 4gb ram on a 2016 mac pro. The problem is just these 2 cameras are using up 100% of the resources constantly and I find this odd if others are able to run many more camera smoothly. I am wondering if I set up the reolink cameras settings incorrectly or motion eye. The Motion eye settings I am using are attached. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

are these H265 cameraā€™s? If I run 2 HiWatch by Hikvision IPC-B140H on my raspberry pi 4 (4 cores 4GB RAM) then this basically maxes out the CPUā€¦ H264 and anything above will have lower bandwidth but will chew through your cpuā€¦

This is exacly why I am looking to co-locate and deploy NVR across multiple instancesā€¦

Hi Uiguy, The reolink cameras only transmit in H264 actually so not sure if this would make processing better or worse?

H264 is lower processing than h265, but higher than mjpeg. I think your issue is with the 2 cores on your machine. Even a raspberry pi 3 has 4 cores, so try get your hands on something a little beefier as I dont think your current machine is strong enough. As a quick check, try switch encoding to mjpeg on the cameras (if available)

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, I changed the 264 profile to baseline and that helped significantly. I also allocated more ram.

Hi,

Ram is not going to help, you need CPUā€¦ if you only need 2 (3 max) cameraā€™s I would suggest you get yourself a Raspberry Pi 3 (or even better a Raspberry Pi 4)ā€¦ They are quite cheap and you do not need to go for the biggest RAM model should you decide to go for the RPI 4ā€¦

Amything more than that Camera wise, and you will need to consider something with alot more CPU

I want to modify the docker command that is started by this add-on.

docker run ... --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri --privileged ...

How do I do this?

You canā€™t.

i did added it to my file server using docker. works perfectly now. Just need a bit if time to sort the web hooks out as a week of continuous recording on one 1080p cam is 1Tb not good!!!

i liked the plugin as it was all integrated into home assistant but im going to have to make do with live cctcv feeds rather than an interface.