1 Like

That is just great! Thankā€™s a lot!

Red = no motion detection on this part.

Example, I ignore the floor, here:

Because floor is lava

2 Likes

thanks for answering.

What do you mean with your phrase?

More important I receive ā€œempty picturesā€, means the event has passed. I do not think the stream is fast enough to catch the motion event in a snapshot (camera.snapshot). I receive all the messages and the snapshot so its working, but the snapshot I think is ā€œoldā€

Below what I use

In motioneye RUN A COMMAND, the following

curl -X POST -k -H ā€œAuthorization: Bearer eyJ0eXAiā€¦longtokenā€ -H ā€œContent-Type: application/jsonā€ -d ā€˜{ā€œentity_idā€: ā€œscript.motion_door_12ā€}ā€™ http://192.168.1.12:8123/api/services/script/turn_on

in packages the following

################################################
## Script

script:
    motion_door_12:
      alias: motion_door_12
      sequence:
      - service: automation.trigger
        entity_id: automation.motion_door_12_snapshot
      - service: telegram_bot.send_message
        data_template:
            target: '-290xxxxx'
## Automation
automation:
- alias: 'motion_door_12_snapshot'
  trigger: []
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: camera.snapshot
    data:
      entity_id: camera.door_12
      filename: /config/www/images/snapshot.jpg
  #- condition: state
  #  entity_id: group.presence_tracker
  #  state: not_home
  - delay: 00:00:01
  - service: telegram_bot.send_message
    data_template:
        target: '-29xxxx'
  - service: telegram_bot.send_photo
    data_template:
        caption: 'Attenzione movimento door 12'
        target: '-290xxxx'
        file: /config/www/images/snapshot.jpg

Maybe have to change also some settings??

I see also there is a STILL IMAGES option in motioneye, I guess that is much faster then a HA camera.snapshot command. But how to send thjis picture to telegram?

BTW I do receive an email when there is motion, but no picture is attachjed even if I put 1 second in options Attached Pictures Time Span

Does it send a picture at all? Meaning, if you put a random picture in place of the snapshot.jpg file and run the automation do you get that picture in telegram?

Hi I am trying two different approaches

1. RUN A COMMAND with curl command
    curl -X POST -k -H ā€œAuthorization: Bearer eyJ0eXAiā€¦longtokenā€ -H ā€œContent-Type: application/jsonā€ -d ā€˜{ā€œentity_idā€: ā€œscript.motion_door_12ā€}ā€™ http://192.168.1.12:8123/api/services/script/turn_on

that runs the below script

- service: camera.snapshot
    data:
      entity_id: camera.door_12
      filename: /config/www/images/snapshot.jpg

it does work, but the photo is not at the event of the motion (I guess the frames are not syncronized

1. SEND AN EMAIL

the email is sent but no attachment

Is there any way how to use NFS instead of Samba?

sorry to bring up an old post but could you please help me here? I have an external USB drive mounted to my NAS and am trying to get MotionEye to record to it, but I get the error ā€˜Accessing network share failed: cannot mount network share!ā€™ when I click ā€˜test shareā€™.

Any ideas? How have you configured the paths?

usbshare1/ or usbshare1 but almost definitely not usbshare1\

Hi guys,
I didnā€™t log in to my motioneye for a while and suddenly the admin account is failing.
I am very sure that I did not change anything. Chrome remembers my password, my pwd safe has it, and they all donā€™t work.
Any idea what is going on? Anybody else faced that?
Is there any way to reset the admin pwd without losing my motioneye setup?

Have you checked the log from the app? Maybe there is something there. Also try restarting the app while your on that page. Maybe itā€™s a blib in the matrix.

hi,
is it possible to use the onboard camera on a Raspberry Pi 4 running home assistant and the Motioneye addon? My camera isnt detected but is detected if i run MotionEyeOS on the same Pi.
Thanks

Thanks for that. Oddly however this only seems to work once and then fails. I set the paths as per this below:

which worked when pressing ā€˜test shareā€™ as well as a field test (ie: saved a file to the correct directory) when I walked in front of the camera, however after I walked in front of the camera a second time it failed to save anythingā€¦ so I clicked ā€˜test shareā€™ again and it failed the testā€¦? WTF?

That is annoying. Take a look at the samba logs on the server.

I looked on the NAS logs (where the USB drive is plugged into) and it shows HA successfully logging in. Rather frustrating since this is all simply because I canā€™t seem to get HA / MotionEye to save to a USB device plugged in locally to the HA server. Starting to consider a stand alone NVRā€¦

Probably going in a circle you have seen before, but what is your setup? (OS etc)

i7 NUC, Ubuntu, General Linux Supervised HA. We did the whole USB drive mount seanario a while back which brought the USB drive into Ubuntu but HA still couldnā€™t see it so my current atttemp is to have the USB drive plugged into my Synology NAS (simply to not flog out the NAS drives with CCTV footage).

Dave
You and i have a very similar setup and want the same thing with cctv storage. Iā€™m keen to learn and help but from what Iā€™ve already read you and nickrout are way ahead of my meagre brainpower.
I had a small play with my freenas setup and was able to see my usb drive as a smb share through any network connected pc, but couldnā€™t get motioneye to give me that drive as a storage option. I didnt try the manual path as i got distracted doing something else.
I too am reluctant go the way of a dedicated cctv. I have bought a unifi cloud key gen2 which had the ability to store cctv - only from unifi cameras i later read. But i plan on putting a spanking 4k unifi camera in a critical position to utilise that Gizmo.
Hereā€™s hoping a solution might come out.

Yes I have 4 Wyze cameras attached to motioneye via home assistant