Home Assistant Community Add-on: Portainer

Hi, you could mount a remanent volume such as /share from portainer and cp the files?

Hi alex thanks for your reply.

How do i mount a container so i can access the files?

The data is in that directory.
My container is mounted at:

Host/volume
/var/lib/MYFOLDER

How can i access it.

When i access with WINSCP and i go to /var/lib/ there is no MYFOLDER.

regards

You could mount ’/mnt/data/supervisor/share’, which is then accessible either through smb with the sambanas addon, or directly with my filebrowser addon

Host/volume Path in container
/mnt/data/supervisor/share /share

Or in, still in portainer, start the filebrowser addon, then map the volume :
/mnt/data/docker/volumes/JBA/_data to /JBA

You could do all that in the ssh&web terminal addon too with full access mode enabled

Which add-on (link please) did you use in step 1 ?

Thanks for your reply.

So if i understand it correctly, if i mount ’/mnt/data/supervisor/share’ i gain access to all containers ?
Because i did try it with the filebrowser add-on on portainer, and did not work.

but i still can’t access it.
And with the filebrowser add-on i did try as well.

Did i do something wrong here ?

and here the file browser

regards

Hi,

I wasn’t very precise :wink:

• If you already have an addon with the JDA data, then you could run this addon, mounting ’/mnt/data/supervisor/share’ to /share, then cp your data in it. Then, /share can be accessed through smb or with the filebrowser addon
  • Alternative : that you start the filebrowser addon, then map with portained /mnt/data/docker/volumes/JBA/_data to /JBA. Then you should be able to access your data and cp it to /share

thanks, but what if i did not setup an volume to store data, as with one of my containers i forgot and it saved the data somewhere in there… and this for months…
i want to access the folder, but how to access if there is no volume selected ?

Regards

If you didn’t store data on a remanent drive, it is my expectation that it would have been deleted when the addon was stopped

@alexbelgium I am hoping you can help me ?

I have installed Portainer via your add on
Somehow I have forgotten my login creds for the instance

I have attempted to remove the install and do a clean install but each time it just welcomes me back and of course I can’t login due to having forgotten my creds.

How can I do a full remove and clean reinstall ?

Many thanks

For credentials it is super easy. The password is defined in the addon options. If you change the password there, it resets your portainer database with the name admin and the new password you’ve defined in the options

Thanks Alex !

1 Like

Hi,
I try to use this add-on to create a container.
I have defined a volume as for the volume part of the container

The volume get created like this

But if I look inside /mnt/ der directory is empty

Any chances that I can change the mount point? I wonder why I can’t see anything inside /mnt/
I am using this add-on as terminal

Thank you! :slight_smile:

@alexbelgium Could I get access to your hassio-addons?

Sure, just follow the instructions in any of my addons for installation : hassio-addons/portainer at master ¡ alexbelgium/hassio-addons ¡ GitHub

1 Like

Messed up my old add-on portainer install. So I removed it and add it back using Alexbelgium repo. However I cannot log in. How to reset default password for this add on?

Use “homeassistant”. Or change it from the addin options but it will reset the database

Wow that was easy - thx

1 Like

I’ve started a wiki on using it, please don’t hesitate to complete or add to it if you have other ideas

1 Like

Hi,
I have the Portainer BE and following devices (servers):
1- Home Assistant Core (intelNUC)
2- NAS (Synology RS818+)
3- Personal PC (UBUNTU)

till now I had Portainer on NAS and the agent on #3. So today I decided to have Portainer HA Add-on and the agent on #2 and #3 so I can have access to the volumes on the laters.

My inquiries are:

1. Can I Portainer in HA to monitor other agents?
  2. Ca I upgrade to the BE edition without any side effects?
  3. I don’t intend to install any containers manually on the docker system running on the HA server, just on the other two devices. So I won’t risk getting my HA unmanage/supported. will I?

Thanks in advance
R.S.