Home Assistant Community Add-on: Portainer

+1 on the Object error. Fresh install. No previous versions:

2020/08/12 09:45:45 http error: Unable to proxy the request via the Docker socket (err=Object not found inside the database) (code=500)

Running Portainer Addon 1.2.1, Protection Mode is off.

New install of HASS.Io on my Pi3B - comes default w/Portainer 1.2.1, so I guess Iā€™m waiting for a patch too :frowning:

Same issue for me too - fresh install and Iā€™m getting the ā€˜object not found inside the databaseā€™ errorā€¦

As this error seems not to be fixed by a new version soon, maybe the addon version 1.2.1 should just be revoked so that users are able to install the working version 1.2.0.

5 Likes

Is there a way to install v1.2.0 via ssh or something?
I do not have a snapshot of the old version.

I tried to modify a snapshot to install v1.2.0 instead of 1.2.1 without luck :slightly_frowning_face:

Is it possible that someone take a partial snapshot with only Portainer 1.2.0 in it? And load it in to another system? Or is this causing issues?

ā€“EDITā€“
Iā€™ve found a solution until the problem is solved.

1. Download Portainer 1.2.0 from the Github repository: https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-portainer/releases/tag/v1.2.0
  2. Extract the zip file and copy the portainer folder inside the folder addon-portainer-1.2.0 to the addons folder on your HomeAssistent device.
  3. Open the Home Assistant frontend
  4. Go to the Supervisor panel
  5. Go to the Add-on store.
  6. On the top right 3-dot menu click the reload button
  7. You should now see a new card called ā€œLocal add-onsā€ that lists shows the Portainer add-on!
  8. Install and go!

As soon as a new version is available, this version can be uninstalled and the official version can be reinstalled.

1 Like

@Rijswijker - I asked the same thing in the HA Discord chat and @Yass15 gave me the goods!!

Locate your addons folders (mine is /usr/share/hassio/addons). Download the previous release of Portainer off Github Portainer addon (https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-portainer/archive/v1.2.0.zip). Move the folder ā€œportainerā€ inside the zip file into your addons/local folder. Re-start HA/ clear browser cache and you should see a new ā€œlocal addonā€ Portainer on addons. Click install and itā€™ll install the previous version.

youā€™ll see it on add-on store section at the very top: https://imgur.com/JII3GXB

1 Like

LOL - yeah - I think I posted at the same time as you found the solution too! :sunglasses:

may be a foolish question, i want to install Portainer add on in my HA. I am not able to find the Portainer in add on store. Can any one please help me what is wrong?

As alternate i have tried manual add on addition by following Home Assistant Community Add-on: Portainer . I have placed the ā€˜portainerā€™ folder to add on>local folder on my HA. Under supervisor I dont see portainer under local add on list. I have reloaded it, i have restarted HA, cleared browser cache , but still can see portianer under local add on list in add on store.

It will only show if you have enabled advanced mode in your profile settings.

2 Likes

Thanks Man1, issue resolved, much appreciated your quick support. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Will we see an update to the new 2.0 release?

7 Likes

Would also love for an update to this add-on so that it can be usable. Thank you!

how is it not usable?

1 Like

I didnt realize I had version 1.2.1 and was still getting object not found error. I mistakenly thought it was updated!

I cant pull docker image more than 1 GB image

actually i want to add shinobi docker image

Hi all, is anyone else having any issues trying to open portainer addon. When i went to the addon I just got a blue circle spinning around so I uninstalled the addon through the terminal and now even when I go to the addon from the store i get the same blue circle. Any ideas?

Cheers

Do it on the CLI.

I have HA installed with the supervised image from here. Any idea how to backup custom containers (or lets say better the persistent volumes)?

Iā€™m using the GDrive Backup Addon but it sadly does not include custom container configs.

managed to figure it out on myself. Maybe itā€™s interesting for someone else, so here it is:

I just had a look at the Containers that come with HA and saw, that they are mounted somewhere at ā€œ/mnt/data/supervisor/ā€ so I created Subfolders for every mount point that i need at: ā€œ/mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant/docker_files/ā€ (/mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant/ is the ā€œconfigā€ folder) that folder is persistent and gets included by snapshots. Also Iā€™m able to access them with the SMB Addon.