Fully configurable Z-Wave to MQTT gateway and control panel.
The Z-Wave to MQTT add-on allows you to decouple your Z-Wave network from your Home Assistant instance by leveraging your MQTT broker. It ships with a web-based control panel, allowing you to configure every aspect of your Z-Wave network and how they are published in MQTT.
Some advantages and use-cases for this are:
- Your Z-Wave network will keep running between Home Assistant restarts.
- You can directly use things like Node-RED with your Z-Wave network, while it is available for Home Assistant at the same time.
- Allow [ESPHome.io][esphome] based ESP devices to directly respond or work with your Z-Wave network.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “Z-Wave to MQTT” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Install the “Z-Wave to MQTT” add-on.
- Start the “Z-Wave to MQTT” add-on.
- Check the logs of the “Z-Wave to MQTT” add-on to see if everything went well.
- Click the “OPEN WEB UI” button.
- Enjoy the add-on!
Please read the documentation for more information about the use and configuration of this add-on.
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord Chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord Chat Server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: Z-Wave to MQTT
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as a Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.