Radically simplify your network with a virtual networking layer that works
the same everywhere.
ZeroTier delivers the capabilities of VPNs, SDN, and SD-WAN with a single system. Manage all your connected resources across both local and wide area networks as if the whole world is a single data center.
People use ZeroTier to seamlessly connect laptops, desktops, phones, embedded devices, cloud resources, and apps any way they want anywhere they go. It transforms the entire world into a single data center, to which you can now add your Home Assistant instance using this add-on.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “ZeroTier One” add-on in the Hass.io add-on store and install it.
- Create a free account at zerotier.com and get a network ID.
- Set the “network_id” add-on option with your network ID.
- Start the “ZeroTier One” add-on
- Check the logs of the “ZeroTier One” add-on to see if everything went well.
- The instance will show up in your ZeroTier account.
Please read the documentation for more information about the use and configuration of this add-on.
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord Chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord Chat Server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: ZeroTier One
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as a Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.