Home Assistant Community Add-on: ZeroTier One

As I said. It works fine here. Can you show your addon config?

I’ve been running a reverse proxy to expose a bunch of services, but the recent security scare has led me to look for alternatives. It’s just me and my wife, and we only need access to two servers here at home that host the usual stuff (home assistant, nextcloud, etc). I’ve really struggled to get wireguard NAT’d through pfsense, so I started playing with Tailscale. It’s a simple as they make it sound, but without a home assistant add-on, I must expose the whole subnet with one of my tailscale clients.

Zerotier seems to offer a similar user experience and seems equally suited to replace a traditional VPN or exposing directly through a proxy. Am I missing something? Assuming I leave the zerotier connection up 100% of the time on my phone, does the tunnel stay up? Are you guys getting notifications and gps updates while away from LAN using zerotier?

Im hoping i understand how zerotier works and that it will provide the solution im looking for. Im wanting to create site to site vpns between 3 locations for a file server. Will it work for my to have 3 instance of home assistant one at each site. and add them all to the same zerotier network. My question is will only the devices running zerotier see each other or will all computer on each network see the entire remote networks? Can i limit remote networks to see only certain local devices such as the file server.

The configuration looks correct, I don’t know if there is a problem with the router settings.
I do not see any information anywhere to set any ports on the router. At the moment I also have ZeroTier One showing no errors, but my HA is not visible on my.zerotier.com and a laptop that is on the same network is visible.

Hello,
I now have the same problem. I deleted the add-on because it was giving me problems and now it doesn’t appear on my.zerotier.com.

Before I uninstalled it, when I connected (which did work) it disconnected me from the local network and I could only access HA through the zerotier IP. The local IP no longer worked. has this happened to anyone else?

It will be a ZeroTier error in settings - you have it set to route all traffic via ZeroTier I think.

For me, the problem turned out to be the TP-link MR 200 router, it was not sending zero traffic. After changing the router, it works beautifully.

Wow, this is pretty cool.
I was wondering, is it possible to set up this zerotier add-on to allow access to my local network? I previously had a normal installation of zerotier on my RPi4 according to this setup procedure:
https://zerotier.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/193134593/Bridge+your+ZeroTier+and+local+network+with+a+RaspberryPi

But this required bridging, so I am not sure if this kind of setup would be possible using the add-on.

Hi good people, thanks for this wonderful add-on. I use zerotier extensively in my home network and for servers at friends housing backups of critical data.

Zerotier Current version: 0.11.0 works perfectly on my HA instance - Proxmox installation - and I have no issues accessing it from any of my devices.

The log shows this message continuously. I turned on debug mode logging and it showed no clues.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 10.36.07 am Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 10.36.14 am

I am seeing this continually in the log:

connect: Operation timed out

But it’s working perfectly…

So clearly no problem then. Good to know. Thanks.

Ha yeah. You can go blind and crazy with some of these error messages but if it works…

Was wondering what caused the blindness and insanity.

1 Like

I am unable to add network id in zero tier configuration file. If I add it and save it reverts to
networks: api_auth_token: ‘’

My system

Add-on version: 0.11.0
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
System: Home Assistant OS 5.13 (armv7 / raspberrypi4)
Home Assistant Core: 2021.5.4
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2021.04.3

Solution found
Copy default configuration code and replace both network id with your’s network id e.g dfdsjfsd12312 and remove one network id.

networks:
  - wgfyiwe73747457
  - fhu3888892jjfdk
api_auth_token: ""

How do you install the add-on? I cannot find it in the supervisor tab (it’s not in the list of possible add-ons to add)

Thanks in advance

it is in Home Assistant Community Add-ons store.

It’s not appearing in my instance of Homeassistant. This is the reason why I’m asking if there is a way to make it visible.

I downloaded the pre-configured Hassio image long time ago (and since then I upgraded).

Do you all see the Zerotier option in the add-ons store? Did you add a new repository for it?

Thanks

I do; and no.

First question: What do you see when you click the “Supervisor” from the left hand side?
2nd question: what other add-ons do you have?

A walk-through Youtube video - I suppose youtube auto-translation is always an option.
:1st_place_medal: La mejor #VPN #GRATIS y segura #zerotier con Home Assistant MUY FACIL [2021] #homeassistant - YouTube

1. When I click the supervisor, I see 4 tabs: One that contains the add-ons already installed, the second is the store, the third is the option to manage backups and the fourth is the System’s options.

2. The add-ons already installed are things like ESPHome, Samba Share, Terminal & SSH, Mosquito Broker,…

The list of add-ons to install (or installed) that I see as official in the store are:
Almond
CEC Scanner
Check Home Assistant Configuration
deCONZ
DHCP Server
DNSMasq
Duck DNS
File editor
Git Pull
Google Assistant SDK
Hey Ada!
HomeMatic CCU
Let’s Encrypt
MariaDB
Mosquito broker
NGINGX Home Assistant SSL proxy
OpenZWave
RPC Shutdown
Samba Share
TellStick
Terminal & SSH
VLC
Z-Wave JS

And also I’ve added repository for Room-Assistant and Google Drive Backup repository.

I don’t have any other add-on.