Home assistant community addons : Formerly the Logitech Media Server (LMS) & Squeezelite

Home Assistant Community Add-on: formerly the Logitech Media Server (LMS)

A complete and easy way to run the formerly Logitech Media Server.

formerly the Logitech Media Server is a cross-platform streaming media server that supports a wide range
of formats, including AAC, AIFF, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV, and WMA.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the add add-on repository dialog with a specific repository URL pre-filled. or use the following addon repo manually GitHub - pssc/ha-addon-lms: Logitech Media Server Addon for Home Assistant in the supervisor addon tab following the stacked triple dots and selecting repositories.

Project Stage Project Maintenance

Supports i386 Architecture Supports amd64 Architecture Supports armhf Architecture Supports armv7 Architecture Supports aarch64 Architecture

This addon provides flexible disk layout options, additional customisation of packages and start-up to allow migration of existing setups. As well as the installation of plugins and dependencies.
An additional related addon is available a squeezelite player for the Logitech Media Server.

• Flexible disk layout options (WIP, NFS, CIFS, sshfs, dirs, links, /media are available)
  • Migration from existing installs (WIP)
  • rsync support (WIP)
  • osync support (WIP)
  • tmpfs options (planned)
  • Most certainly doesn’t mine bitcoin on your home automation server. Definitely no.

See the Docs on GitHub for all the details, or just install the add-on and open the Web UI.

Support

Create an issue on github, or if its a general query ask here.

Home Assistant Community Add-on: Squeezelite player

A complete and easy way to run the Squeezelite player for Logitech Media Server.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the add add-on repository dialog with a specific repository URL pre-filled. or use the following addon repo manually GitHub - pssc/ha-addon-squeezelite: Squeezelite Player Addon for Home Assistant, for use with a Logitech Media Server in the supervisor addon tab following the stacked triple dots and selecting repositories.

Project Stage Project Maintenance

Supports i386 Architecture Supports amd64 Architecture Supports armhf Architecture Supports armv7 Architecture Supports aarch64 Architecture

The Home Assistant Squeezelite Add-on allows you to run a Squeezelite player local on your home assistant install.
This addon supports direct hardware acccess of the sound hardware.

Squeezelite requires a lms: Formerly the Logitech Media Server in your network
Please visit LMS Add-on page to install the server (if required).

Support

Create an issue on github or if its a general query ask here.

8 Likes

Damn good!

Tell me, I see from the docs how to do nfs mounts. Can it do smb/samba mounts too?

I was just about to spin up an Ubuntu VM to run LMS in docker.

You just made everything so much easier.

Thank you Phill!

No, I have had a quick look, adding cifs-utils and running the required mount wasn’t enough looks like in requires the container to have additional capabilities v0.47 is being pushed out shortly so I can look at this for v0.48 will need to see if it works for hassos installs

If you want me to test anything, sing out!

Thanks @nickrout can you file a feature request on github
I can then pick this us from there and we can converse about possible test images/installs.

1 Like

Nice, So what would be the proper way to mount the HA media directory into this container?

Better yet, do I even need to mount the directory in lms to send media from that dir to the player?

@mkono87 by default /media should be available

Support for CIFS mounts in v0.0.48 onwards, tested on self managed armv7 and aarch64 HassOS install.

Damn I didn’t even get time to put an issue up. Thanks a million.

Hey im sorry to bother you, but i cant add the link to github in hacs, and the self serving my.homeassistant link wont work here. Used link is

It is not installed via HACS. It is an addon and done via supervisor/addon store.

1 Like

Thanks @nickrout. @Flipso I have updated the topic post to reflect the manual install instructions.

1 Like

Well, that totally solved it - sorry for that dumb question :see_no_evil::rofl:

To be fair @Flipso there was an assumption there in the documentation that people new where to add addon-ons which you exposed, you have contributed to lowering the bar for install, glad to help.

Let us know how you get on.

Phill.

1 Like

I am currently running LMS on a seperate dedicated VM, so would be great including this in HA :wink:
Just befor I start migrating things, does it support LMS plugins ?
For me shairtunes (Airplay support) and lmsannounce (used for alerting / TTS via ha notify) are really important.
And an NFS share to my Synology NAS, but if I understand it correctly, that is included…

Yes plugins should work you may need to add extra packages to support your plugins and maybe run with protected mode disabled, please share your experience

Yes I use NFS for some of my presentation of media from an old HP Micro server running Linux to a Pi4

You can share the procedure of how to play tts using the LMS and the lmsannounce plugin.
Thank you

Quick question here, I’m completely new with HA, installed it on an intel nuc.
I got LMS installed and running, now I need to acces my music which is stored on a nas in the same network.
I understand it is possible to acces nfs folders but I can’t find an example of how to do this.

the folder I need to have LMS acces to is like this 192.168.1.210/volume1/music

I have no experience with docker…

Thanks

Use LMS Settings and enter the path to your storage. It might take some fiddling but should (99%) work. Friends have Sonos but I find it to be a PITA plus shite sound. It works with many endpoints and will play as a single player.

If you want networked players, use RaspberryPis loaded with PiCore Player on an SD card. Get a DAC and use active speakers with the Pis and you will have a brilliant system.