Home Assistant Companion for Android 1.5.0

You may need to try and force stop the app and try again, if not try to start fresh with the app. Sometimes you need to clear things out for new features to work properly.

BTW do you know if/how we can remove test channel on the phone?

check the docs that I linked to earlier in the thread it explains how to remove them

1 Like

Oh yes ! Works fine. Thanks for your reply.

Sorted. Thanks guys. Not actually sure what was wrong but sorted now.

Tablet: Amazon Fire 10 ( 5th Generation ) Fire OS 5.3.6.4
Home Assistant app: 1.9.0-167

I have some strange Red lines which I don’t see from my phone iOS Home assistant app 0.110.3 and I don’t see them from the normal web. Any ideas?

Hi, there, guys (@JBassett and others).
I will soon receive my new Polestar 2 Car, which is running Android Automotive OS natively. Do you know if there will be any support or app for that platform?

As of right now there is no plans to support Android Auto or Android Automotive. If Google opens up the API a little it will definitely be considered. We might be able to get away with adding a “navigation” app that exposes any tracked devices we have once the API goes public (https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2020/08/android-for-cars.html).

Thank you for getting back to me on this. So the tools needed for developing the apps ar not efficient, you say? Seems like there are ways to integrate apps already…
https://developer.android.com/training/cars/media/automotive-os, but this is maybe only for media handling, not to run apps, scripts and automations from Home Assistant.

That’s correct. The current APIs only allow you to be read messages and respond to them or media (audio only) playback. That blog post implies that more APIs will be opened up at some point but it’s still to early to tell if we will be able to take advantage of them for Home Assistant.

1 Like

Is it correct that there is no possibility (yet) where you can make the entity widget change color depending on the state?

its not currently possible, widgets take on teh light/dark theme of the app

Also widgets do not update upon state changes so it will be out of sync often as it only updates every 30 minutes

1 Like