Home Assistant - Control Google Assistant Devices?

Hi!
As far as i am concerned - each enet device ( actuator or transmitter ) needs to be paired with the enet server - to be able to use the complete “enet features”.
I do remember reading something in the manual about “direct” connection between a trigger and an ouput - to that a specific button can activate an specific output - with a direct connection - if you want to use it without the enet server.
I cant see any reason for this howeever.

With regards to the data telegrams - you can “monitor” the packages inside the enet server - but i am not sure if you are able to “catch” theese with some kind of 3. party hardware - i have never looked into this.

br Ronni

Hi All!
Enet Smart Home is still a very closed system - which is a shame - since it’s a really nice and stable solution. But the 3. party integrations are unfortunately still a no go.

From time to time i search the web for possible solutions.
I found this during my recent search:

It’s an node.js API - using the same management “interface” as magnus did in his python script.
meaning that it still uses the jsonrpc thing.

Also - i did a recent portscan against my server - and found out that the recent update - has opened up the port 4004 but i am not able to communicate with it - but it looks like a webserver though.

Hopefully the Enet SMart Home will open up their system a some point :slight_smile:

have a nice day.
br Ronni

1 Like

Great thread - thanks everyone. My contractor is suggesting using this system and this is why I’m hesitating… What’s a similar alternative to these? Same features but open?
Sorry for hijacking the thread for a sub-question.

Hi!
I actually very satisfied with the system. I have Magnus’ code running in a seperate docker container - and it runs quite stable. I sometimes have to restart the “plugin” but it works quite ok. If i where to build a new house - I think i would go for a zigbee solution - as this would give me some more options - as regards to the “buttons” - because with the plugin - its only possible to handle the relays - so i cant interact with the push ie - use them to turn on other (non enet devices). And of course there is the risk of using something not “open” to the public - with regards to the api.

I keep contacting the Enet teams twice a year - hoping that they will update the enet server - with more options - preferably an mqtt option - but so far no luck.

looking at the system from an isolated view - its ok - and gets the job done - but their app is too slow in my option - because it has to syncronize with the server making it too slow to simply turn on / off the lights. But in HA ( with magnus code ) it runs quite well :slight_smile:

br Ronni

1 Like

Hi Ronni!
Is it possible that you could share the code from @MagnusN with me? I have the same Enet system unfortunately? :slight_smile:

~Thomas

Hi Thomas!
Sure thing:

Let me know if you invent any improvements :slight_smile:

br Ronni

Maybe this could be a (future?) option?

Hi,

I have done quite some searching, to find a enet integration (not a programmer myself) in order to get this working for my home assistant configuration.

It seems that the iobroker solution has a working adapter, did you check that one on github:

Hopefully this helps in getting the integration one step further.

Hi Ronni, could you possibly explain how to install these python libraries? Seems I cannot add them like a default repository or add-on

Regards,
Jeroen

Ps. Sent a mail to our enet friends as well, they replied that these integrations would be checked with their technical team

Hi!
I just created a docker container - on one of my servers - that works fine, and then it easy to restart if connection is lost or anything. nothing special with any libraries.

You should be able to test it using pycharm on your windows machine.

Hi,
I do not have a home assisstant but I have been trying to get an API for my eNet smart home for years. I am not fluent in JavaScript but I know Python and C#.

Currently I know about these 3rd Party API Integrations:

1. GitHub - SebastianSchultz/ioBroker.enet: Jung/Gira eNet Smarthome Adapter for ioBroker
    It uses some kind of obfuscated blob for communicating with the eNet server. From the communication in the repo it seems to me like they got the blob from Gira/Jung? It works ok’ish with ioBroker. I am using it actively but my satisfaction is rather meh

2. GitHub - lawrencebensaid/enet-api: eNet smart home API and CLI.
    Uses the same jsonrpc Api but in a more readable way. Currently I am working on porting this to C#. Still everything is undocumented

3. enet2mqtt
    I found this with this thread here today. Seems to be more or less the same as the js implementation. I will try this out and see if I can integrate my blinds (I only have blinds & brightness sensors)

I feel like the best thing to do is start documenting this undocumented jsonrpc API. Is anyone interested in participating?

2 Likes

Hi Metacircle!

From a HA perspective thie enet2mqtt works almost flawless for me

I sometimes have to restart my docker container - on my server - but other than that - it works perfectly.
i have no blinds - but i have sockets, lights and dimmable lights - which all works.
the sockets are present as lights - but i just “remapped” them with new icons inside home-assistant.

i think the enet2mqtt - could be ported to a HACS addon - but it would require some works to be done - and i havent had the time to look into it yet.

Also - we should all contact the enet group (gira / jung ) from time to time - to keep on pushing them for an official integration into home-assistant :slight_smile:

br Ronni

3 Likes

Hi!

I got this error:

Do you got any idea what I am doing wrong?

~Thomas

Hi Thomas!
Ohh - could it be that the device type is not reconized in the code?

the DVT_US2BM is not recocnized - but because none of us - had that device type.
But if you look into the enet.py file - the Device class is defined. right now we have 2 subclassed
which is Light and Switch.

the voordeur onder - what type of device is this? :slight_smile:

Hi Ronni,

That makes sense. It is a switch.

EDIT: So if I added to the list it is fixed?

Hi Thomas! Yes - first thing is to add it to the list.
If i remember correctly - it will be added as a light still - but without dimming capabilities.
But it should work - by adding it the array.

Also - if you would like to behave as a switch - i think it should be manually set to this inside HA. i haven’t done so yet - but simply changed the icon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, it still does not work.

Any idea?

it says NoneType - that is a bit strange.
because it looks like it doesnt get the attributes of the device.
Now - i am not sure if the device type (as i dont have that type in my setup) is a special device - with different proprties - because it should be able to finde the uid of the device.

You might have to setup a postman connection to you enet server / or look at the developer tools from google - to see the properties of what is returned from the enet server.

also you could try to simply debug the python code - and what it does.

1 Like

Okay, I got it as far as this…

Would you mind sharing your dockerfile, so I can take a look at it and figure out what I am doing wrong?
Already thank you!

Does anybody tried this? I dont have the system and I’m in consideration to try it now in my home, but I need to know if it is possible to connect to home assistant