Home Assistant Core -- TrueNAS CORE Community Plugin

Ok, let’s try this

First please confirm the same extra device entries show up in side the Home Assistant jail.

We can use the same command, this time from the jail console

iocage console $jail_name
# press 0 to exit menu
ls -al /dev

let’s also try adding the homeassistant user to the uucp group as well (while still in the jail’s console)

pw groupmod uucp -m homeassistant

maybe just for kicks, make sure USB is still plugged in and restart the jail, before trying to add the integration again :crossed_fingers:

The result is the same in side the Home Assistant jail.
When I try to add rfxcom with automatic integration, I always have a timeout with /dev/cuaU0 - n/a, s/n: n/a.
When I try to add rfxcom manually (configuration.yalm), I saw 2 lines on home-assistant.log:

2021-12-28 09:26:24 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up rfxtrx
2021-12-28 09:26:24 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain rfxtrx took 0.0 seconds

What I added on configuration.yaml:

logger:
  logs:
    RFXtrx: debug
  default: info

rfxtrx:
  device: /dev/cuaU0
  automatic_add: True

But I have no icon that appears on configuration/integration. Is it normal?
Moreover, when I change USB ports by putting cuau0 instead of cuaU0 for example, I have the same as before…

Anyway, thank you very much for your help^!

I think this is what you want to see! No errors!

Yes, I believe this is normal when an integration is configured through yaml

I happen to notice, when trying to add the integration myself, there is an option to Enter Manually. Try this if you want to manage it from the UI.

So, is it working now?

I happen to see your issue on GitHub as well. I’m not sure how much they can help because our jails are using FreeBSD, which is not supported by the devs. I’ve “watched” the issue anyways.

Hi @troy and happy new year!

I have tried manually and automatically, but the result is the same. I no longer saw an error message but yet the RFXCOM does not seem to be working. I left on another attempt by migrating to Truenas Scale. I hope this time I can get it to work (although at the moment I still have USB problems).

Thanks a lot again.

1 Like

Hi @troy
I’m not able to acces the “file editor” because my installation of HA is not encrypted http://192.168.1.220 but my external acces to HA is encrypted https://
Here is the path from outside: modem → Nginx Proxy Manager (reverse proxy + encryption) → HA jail (not encrypted).
Any idea how to fix that ?
Thanks

Sorry, I do not - But I don’t think there should be anything specific to using this plugin versus any other installation - Maybe someone else will be able to help.

I don’t expose anything to the interwebs, so all my :poop: just uses http

This a TCP/IP question, not one related to the TrueNAS Core plugin. In order to use File Editor, you will need to use https for local login.
Unfortunately, I don’t know how to do this, but someone should be able to answer the question if posted in a different thread. Before that, do a search in the docs & the Web for an answer.

@troy
I would like to install “exchange calendar” integration in HA.
See here: GitHub - maxlaverse/home-assistant-exchange-calendar: Quick support for Exchange Calendar in Home Assistant
But I’m not sure about the commands to install exchangelib
Is it enough to follow instructions on github page ?

Kinda sort of - it’s the right idea… This should work if you’re using the community plugin

iocage console $jail_name
# press 0 to exit menu

# Install the exchangelib library
service homeassistant install exchangelib

# or eventually upgrade it if it's already present but in an older version.
service homeassistant  install exchangelib --upgrade
1 Like

@tebra I forgot to mention… each time you need to recreate the HA virtualenv (for example, each year when the python changes) you’ll also need to reinstall exchangelib

During those situations you can reinstall exchangelib along with homeassistant

service homeassistant reinstall homeassistant exchangelib

I am having trouble getting this to work. I have installed via TrueNas Community Plugins. default settings besides a static IP.

I cannot get the “manage” page to load and when investigated in the shell HACore is not running. When I try to run it I get the following error.

“Home Assistant only supports Linux, OSX and Windows using WSL”
“homeassistant is not running.”

TrueNAS-12.0-U7

1 Like

same issue after updating “Home Assistant only supports Linux, OSX and Windows using WSL” and service will not start

2 Likes

It is a breaking change which introduces a supported operating system check:

The fix has been now implemented by @troy
Check out this issue: Home Assistant 2022.2 not starting · Issue #52 · tprelog/iocage-homeassistant · GitHub

Many thanks!

1 Like

Updated via jails. Working now. Thanks Everyone.

1 Like

Hi @troy
After upgrading home assistant today (using option 4 in the menu), home assistant fails to start.
I do not see anything in the logs, but when do a check_config (option 8 in the menu), I get the following message:

Home Assistant only supports Linux, OSX and Windows using WSL

Is there any workaround? perhaps reverting to an older version of home assistant?

thanks

Hi @hanan - It’s fixed now…

You can either run a Plugin UPDATE from the TrueNAS UI to pull in the updated rc script - Or you can follow (pretty easy) instructions to update the file manually.

Well almost fixed… People are still reporting that Home Assistant fails to restart using the GUI but it does restart as expected if you use the console menu… Sorry, I know that’s really inconvenient but I’m not sure what I can do.

The best workaround at this point is to add a button to Home Assistant so you can trigger service homeassistant restart form the GUI

EDIT: Looks like this issue hit a few others as well

It seems there is a proper workaround for systemd but I’m not sure how to implement that in FreeBSD startup script.

It is a bit strange that the serivce start argument works but not the restart via GUI - I would consider it as a bug on HA side as it is not consistent experience. What do you think?

Doesn’t seem like a bug according to @balloob - At least in the issue I linked above

The process exited with code 100 . Your systemd script needs to be configured to trigger a restart when that happens. This has changed in 2022.2. We forgot to add it to the breaking changes, update coming later today.

But I think I figured out a workaround for us… Since we’re already using the FreeBSD daemon in the rc script, there are two possible options available. I’m about to test them now

-r   Supervise and restart the program after a one-second delay	if it
	     has been terminated.
 -R  restart_delay_seconds
	     Supervise and restart the program after the specified delay if it
	     has been terminated.

Update:

It works! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Do you need some additional tests?

1 Like