Home Assistant enthusiasts in Hamilton, New Zealand?

I’m a long time OpenHAB user but switched to Home Assistant a couple of years ago. I’ve also just recently moved to Hamilton… I’d be keen to see if there are any locals to connect up with and swap stories,ideas etc….

Not Hamilton, Christchurch in fact, but happy to chat to a fellow kiwi (even from the wrong island!)

Hey Nick! So what’s your MO, I’m just a bit of a tinkerer really so just monitoring whole house power and water usage at the moment… Have a few power plugs and one smart light switch. My only true automation is turning on the pool pump for a couple of hours each day :laughing:

A tinkerer. I started with a hue starter kit. I have a lot of unfinished projects.

Ha, I have way too many unfinished projects too :slight_smile:
How have you found the Hue stuff? I got a rgb bulb a while back but took it out because family just kept turning off the lamp with it’s manual switch and then the "smarts"would be redundant!

Hi fellow NZers.
I’ve got a medium sized system. Shelly switches on all lights, garage door, aqara temp and humidity everywhere, AirTouch4, blinds, vibration sensors for mailbox and gates soon, musiccast speakers.
Mix of wifi and zigbee.
A few helpers for towel rail and light timers and toggle indications.

HA running in a nuc11 vm on esxi.

My dashboards are pretty lame. Wish I could make some pretty ones, but I use voice control for almost everything.

1 Like

I would describe mine as medium too. Running debian 11 + supervised. I have a number of technologies (which is one of the great things about HA):

A number of shelly devices for lights, and motion detection.

A zigbee network via Z2M. Motion detection, temp/hum sensors, scene controllers, smart bulbs.

Sensibo for the AC units

Some esphome devices for powering on the lights around the spa, and reading some bluetooth.

A number of LMS/Squeezebox players for whole house audio.

Any number of other media devices, amplifiers, tvs etc.

1 Like