Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

Thank you! The theme change via the UI was it!

I was hoping to have tablets (kiosks) have a darker theme, and phones have a lighter theme, seems that isn’t possible presently.

Thanks for the help!

Nope, you can only do that if you keep header colors the same unfortunately, this seems to be an ios issue so no fix for that and if I understood well enough it will not be possible in the future either.

There is a dirty solution though. If by any chance you have a second device (rpi, vm, nuc, etc) you could setup a second Home Assistant instance (there is documentation on how to make 2 instances work together) and serve a light theme on the second instance. Very dirty solution, but only thing I can think of atm.

@robbiet480 Robbie - a hint! I removed all iOS app 2.0 devices and restarted HA.

I added one device and the integration showed the right icons and names. Only the history graphs for all 6 iOS sensors showed last update trigger; but the individual sensor values were fine.

I then added another IOS device using also b40 and that broke the integrations. They now both show as unknown icons and the sensor values are all listed as “Last update trigger” and dont show the right info any longer.

So I suspect it has something to do with having multiple IOS devices working?

1 Like

Are location updates supposed to be working in v40? Mine are not…

Hi,

I’m having the same behaviour described at point 1: my phone is being registered using GUID but in the integration GUI is correctly shown.
I don’t understand if it’s a feature or a bug :smile:

Location updates didn’t work for me either, in 40.

That is probably because HA created new device tracker entities that go along with the app.

So any previous entry will no longer work. I have setup 3 devices and they all got a different device tracker id. A bunch of numbers.

Location is working properly again, but I had to find the new device trackers first as I didn’t think it would create new ones. Mind you that when reinstalling the app, you will once again get a new id.

Edit: I also found a bug concerning the phone state (charging or not) it changes to background fetch almost all the time. So it is pretty useless atm. Also I found that when the device tracker starts with a number (e.g. device_tracker.2xxxxxxxxxxxxx) that I can not create a template sensor for e.g. batterystate. So I have reset the app until it gave me an ID that starts with a letter instead of a number. Works fine otherwise.

1 Like

There is a bug with the sensors created showing background fetch and other messages about when they were last triggered. Robbie is aware and there will be a fix coming but it might depend on 0.91.3 release as well as a new app.

The device id’s are annoying and even setting the friendly_name doesn’t change the I’d you can use to track like it would for other sensors.

1 Like

Yup, I have tried to rename it as well, to no avail. It is working now though, hope it doesn’t break again soon haha. The only thing that was really annoying was that the template sensor wouldn’t accept a tracker starting with a number. I didn’t understand why and tried the entire night until I found that when it starts with a letter instead of a number that it would work as expected.

1 Like

I am on 0.91.2 and beta 40.

My app says Mobile App Component Loaded X. I have the new mobile_app sensors but no values and no device_tracker. EDIT - and no ios or mobile app services.

I tried blowing up entries in .storage files. Reset app. Restart HA.

Is there still problems with v40?

Do I need ios: and mobile_app: in configuration.yaml? Multiple reports above say yes and say no.

EDIT - I made the updates to NGINX from @VirtualL above and I have checkmark on Mobile App now. Still no device_tracker, not even with random characters.

EDIT 2 - I found that I had a device_tracker in known_devices with track: false. Switched to true and restart HA and I have the device_tracker

1 Like

You only need ios: if you plan on using actionable notifications via yaml, also if you still have devices running the 1.5.x app you will need ios:

If not, and if all devices are up to date (as in 2.0 app) you can do with only the mobile_app:

Btw did you check all your entities? Probably there are new device trackers with an ID that has a bunch of letters/numbers. I posted this a bit earlier. I have completely new device tracker entities since version 39. I’d look there first. I found it by accident as it were the only device trackers that had the correct zone where I was yesterday.

Edit: if there is no mobile app service (e.g. notify.mobile_app_iphone) restart HA (also make sure you are on 91.2) you might have to restart it multiple times. Robbie also said that if it doesn’t work, leave the app open for 2 minutes. It should be added automatically by then.

Thanks @VirtualL

I had pretty much the same config for HA on my nginx, but did not have the location /api/websocket
Are you able to share why you have this on top of the location / ?

My only complaint with the new notify service via mobile_app is that it automatically uses our iPhone name. And for those of us that backup our configs to Github, others could see our full name (if its in our iPhone name).

Whereas with the ios: integration, it would use the “Device ID” set up in app for the notify.ios_xxxxx where xxxxx was Device ID set in app.

I think this is an issue with mobile_app and not this beta app. What do others think?

1 Like

It’s using the name for the phone you have configured in the app.

Ah that is why my mobile_app uses my iphone name instead of what I have configured in the app. (For example, the app has: iphone_jimmy_beta, but the mobile_app push entity has iphone, as in mobile_app_iphone) this is my phones name setup on the iphone itself. The same happened with my wifes iphone. The app has iphone_van_steph configured the mobile app gives: mobile_app_iphone_stephanie

I havent thought about it though as they are only first names.

Thanks for providing updated information.

In my case:

notification is using the mobile_app_<>

device tracker is using device_tracker.UUID

related sensors are messed up and overlap across multiple devices.

My notify for my devices show the name I configured in the app.
My device tracker show the ugly long name… I use a customixe.yaml entry to give them friendly names.
I don’t see my name from settings>about in iOS shown anywhere.

Weird, I have the same problem as @glassbase. Or better said not a real problem for me though, but after setting the app up multiple times it seems indeed that it copies the iphone name instead of the configured name in the app.

I just tried with my ipad and same story. I have set up ipad_jimmy_beta but mobile app shows:

mobile_app_ipad_van_jimmy

@DavidFW1960 I did use customize.yaml at first but that didn’t change the entity id. So I tried adding a name at known_devices.yaml guess what? Same story haha. Anyways I have changed the name via known devices. But I am guessing the result will be similar no?

They are screwed up but not across multiple devices for me. I have for example
That’s my iPad. My iPhone is the same without the suffix _2
They are all wrong anyway as the sensor ‘name’ of last update trigger for all is wrong and this is the fix I was referring to.
At the moment, the only way of getting the attribute value is from the device_tracker.blah entity.

I am using the custom template card to produce this: