Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

I am getting the same as you. Spent over 2 hours this morning getting notifications to work and then tonight when lights and fireplace turn on ALL notifications that were working have now stopped and throw the same error as you.

Glad you posted this as I was starting to tweak my settings again trying to make them work.

I just tried a manual alert to my iPad and that works OK but not to my phone

{ "message": "ALARM TEST!", "data": { "push": { "category": "alarm", "sound": { "critical": 1, "name": "default", "volume": 1.0 } } } }

**** UPDATE ****
Managed to get notifications working by deleting the iphone integration in HA, reset the config on the beta app, logging back in on the app then restarting HA.

I’ve done that a few times but I’ll try again. Let me know if it continues to work or fails again

Have you pressed the “import push configuration from server” in the App?

Yes, that’s how I always get notifications working again. Push that and they instantly start working again for a few hours

1 Like

I had it again today. Imported the server again and after force closing the app they started working again. Have got all the old style iOS notifications from a backup so may remove these if they keep causing an issue and revert back to the old iOS ones for now.

If I use my WireGuard VPN I get these error messages:

If I ignor them and say ok and „fertig / ready“ I am able to connect. If I close the app full and try it again I am getting the same error.

If I using the App and at home without VPN it works perfect.

Home Assistant 91.1
App 2.0.0 (40)
Home Assistant in Docker with haproxy as Reverse proxy.

Has there been any updates on location either in the app or in Hassio? My location updates are broken. I use both iBeacon and GPS to track when I enter different zones but it’s not working since some days ago.

It seems like the app is not updating the device tracker, and I’ve checked the name and it’s the same.

I have downloaded the 1.5 version and used the same ID and after updating location it worked just fine

The 2.0 currently updates a device_tracker entity that is just a long random string of characters. That should change in 91.4 but isn’t done yet.

Any idea when it will be done? PR has been open for couple of days now…

Looks like the fix was removed from the 91.4 release. So not sure when we may see a fix.

On iPhone X I can’t access restart. Please see screenshot.

I’m guessing you have automatically hide toolbar disabled in the general app settings. I can certainly reproduce this behaviour if I do that. If turn automatically hiding to toolbar back on it’s ok.

No, it’s enabled. It’s just on that config page that I get the problem. OK everywhere else. Not a major deal just reporting the behaviour.

I’m having these messages on my home network as well.

1 Like

Hi,
Added the new mobile_app Component to my configuration.
Now I get error messages when fire old notify.ios notifications. New is working but only to a single device.

Error while executing automation automation.notify_venta_wassertank_leer_oder_manuell_ausgeschaltet. Unknown error for call_service at pos 1:

And is it possible so spray notifications to all mobile_app devices??? Like notify.ios

you need to create a notification group. Here is what I use:

notify:
  - platform: group
    name: David iOS Notify
    services:
      - service: mobile_app_davids_iphone
        data:
          data:
            push:
              sound:
                name: default
      - service: mobile_app_davids_ipad
        data:
          data:
            push:
              sound:
                name: default

Then I can send notifications to notify.david_ios_notify
(it also fixes the sound back to defaults again)

1 Like

I am unable to get push notifications working on the beta. I am using build 40 against 0.91.2. I have tried the following:

• Remove all mobile apps in “integration” and then restart hass. Then reset phone via app and re-log in.
  • “import push configuration from server”
  • Changing the name of the app and doing the above
  • Crying a bit

At this point I dont even see the device listed as an available target to notify, and when I try the old name I get an error related to rateLimits

2019-04-17 09:47:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.139992112233104] 'rateLimits'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 122, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1138, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1160, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 117, in async_notify_message
    await notify_service.async_send_message(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/ios/notify.py", line 103, in send_message
    log_rate_limits(self.hass, target, req.json())
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/ios/notify.py", line 23, in log_rate_limits
    rate_limits = resp["rateLimits"]
KeyError: 'rateLimits'

Here is my config in the app as it stands now

Nothing seems to work via the new app… Any suggestions ?

Ok nice, this works for me, too. Little bit complicated in my opion…

But why is to old notify.ios not working anymore?

Edit: Ok I think its because the notify ios target

Good day. I thought that it would be great to have taptic engine working on toggling for example. Is it hard to do?

This was fixed in 91.3

1 Like