Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

I am guessing it will be hard as the app is basically a webviewer. You just present your lovelace setup through the app (or states ui). I think the only way to make this possible is to have a fully native app (something like hassapp, Hassapp: An alternative iOS app to empower your HA)

It would be cool though, but to me it sounds like impossible.

See my post above. Had this issue too.

Hi all,

I’m back again. Had the worst food poisoning of my life. Hit me on Friday morning and I didn’t fully recover until Tuesday afternoon. Glad to be back to work on the app. Working on getting the things that were supposed to be in 0.91.4 into 0.92 now. Build 41 still requires them, so no new builds until new Home Assistant version is out.

Thanks

4 Likes

Where’s that tip jar? We can help you feel better! fryshutupandtakemymoney :joy:

Seriously though I’m glad you’re feeling better. I have been meaning to ask you to please not kill yourself working on this beta. Don’t forget to eat and sleep and rest when you’re sick!

2 Likes

Yeah that would be pretty hard to implement… :smile_cat:

Thanks for the idea @Argo, it was really awesome and easy to do!

The iOS side of the equation will be in build 41 but it will only start working if and when the above linked PR is merged and a new frontend build is released.

4 Likes

You are just awesome :slight_smile:
Thank you

2 Likes

Ooh that is pretty cool. Didn’t think it would be possible. Great work.

2 Likes

0.92 was delayed a week as some of you know which has given me plenty of extra time to squash more bugs and flesh things out. Here’s a sliver of what to look forward to in the next beta:

• Push notification sound management entirely in app. Import and delete sounds without having to use iTunes. iTunes remains supported though.
  • Utilize Apple’s system sounds for push notifications. This adds 296 new sounds to the library. This might not make it to the App Store if Apple doesn’t like it.
  • Previously mentioned Haptic Feedback support
  • RIP toolbar. App now has pull to refresh and settings can be opened via a new button in the HA front end
  • Fix for actionable notifications importing

Plenty more where that came from. Expect to see a build in the next few days, probably when the next 0.92 beta hits or on release day at worst.

12 Likes

This is fantastic Robbie, great work. Quite pleased to hear the toolbar is dead as the buttons never seemed to render properly with my custom themes!

Thanks also for confirming that 0.92 is coming a week late - I wondered what had happened to this week’s slice of goodness!

What happened is the punishing release schedule didn’t leave enough time for proper testing and adding new stuff so they are moving to a 3 week cycle.

Good, makes sense

Hi,
I noticed that with this IOS HA, sensors for battery level and battery state are not updated. Is that right? Not that it is hugely important , but was just wondering. Likely as this version has one tick for mobile component loaded?

Again, not important, just wondering.

Hi,

thanks for the great work.
The old “notify.ios” Service is not working anymore.
I converted all notifies to the now mobile.app component. But it looks like, sending a camera pic/stream is not working. So I leave my camera notification the old style, but I get an error message. Whats the problem?

- id: '1514543372312'
  alias: 'Notify: Garagentür vorne wurde geöffnet bei Abwesenheit'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d0001aad1df
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: group.all_devices
    state: not_home
  action:
  - data:
      data:
        attachment:
          content-type: jpeg
        entity_id: camera.kamera_einfahrt_onvif
        push:
          category: camera
    service: notify.ios

Error Log:

Error while executing automation automation.notify_garagentur_vorne_wurde_geoffnet_bei_abwesenheit. Unknown error for call_service at pos 1: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 380, in action
    await script_obj.async_run(variables, context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 131, in async_run
    await self._handle_action(action, variables, context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 210, in _handle_action
    action, variables, context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 299, in _async_call_service
    context=context
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 88, in async_call_from_config
    domain, service_name, service_data, blocking=blocking, context=context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1138, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1160, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 117, in async_notify_message
    await notify_service.async_send_message(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/ios/notify.py", line 103, in send_message
    log_rate_limits(self.hass, target, req.json())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/ios/notify.py", line 23, in log_rate_limits
    rate_limits = resp["rateLimits"]
KeyError: 'rateLimits'

Hi @kolossboss, a couple of things jump out at me, you’re not actually specifying a target for the notification and you have an indentation error. Try changing the action part to the below, replacing notify.ios_DEVICE_ID_HERE with the service you find in the drop down on Services page of the dev tools. I’ve never sent picture content personally but I have basically adjusted your code to match the example found here.

action:
    service: notify.ios_DEVICE_ID_HERE
    data:
      data:
        attachment:
          content-type: jpeg
        entity_id: camera.kamera_einfahrt_onvif
        push:
          category: camera

Hi thanks for reply.

Notify.ios should send notifications to all ios devices. It works like that for nearly a year.

Fair point. I forgot that and didn’t realise that was what you were going for. I was just thinking… Do you have the current release app (1.5 from the App Store) or only the current beta (2.0 currently build 40)? If it is the beta and a build above 34 I believe that notify.ios won’t work at all (even if you have the component loaded), if you previously had build 34 or lower you likely have the service hanging about. If this is a show stopper for you, you could either switch back to the release version or install it alongside (perhaps using a different device ID for clarity).

I just checked with build 34 target and a basic notification fails with the same error you are seeing. You’d probably need to remove the old service that is failing if you want to go down the release app route and sending to all

1 Like

Thanks. I found the issue.
I renabled notifications on the stable ios.app. Its also not working.
The problem was, that notify.ios goes to all ios devices.

1. notify.ios_iphone
  2. notify.ios_iphone_beta
  3. notify.mobile_app_iphone

But notify.ios_iphone_beta is no longer availible by enabling mobile_app:. I think that cause the error.
Poiting to a specific device works great.

Is there a way to get camera.snapshot working with the new mobile_app: componente??

Glad you sorted it. It did feel like that was going to be the problem.

@robbiet480, is there a clean way to remove the now redundant notify.ios_<device_id>_beta services without poking around in .storage? Is there any way build 41 (or later) could tidy these up on first run? @kolossboss’s problem seems reasonable as in theory you can’t now opt back out of the beta now and get back to a previously working system (albeit in this niche case of wanting to use notify.ios) without restoring to a previous snapshot/backup.

For some reason I’ve had no location updates in about 20 days. HASS says 6 days but that was probably my last reboot.

I’ve sent one shot locations, I’ve rebooted my phone, and I’ve reinstalled the beta.

Did I miss a change somewhere?

I’m on build beta 2.0 (35). notify_ios _deviceid continue to work for me.