Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

I posted earlier with no response. Does anyone know if HA 0.92.1 and B43 is supposed to solve the device_tracker.XXXXX naming issue where it before it was using the UUID for the name? I am still seeing it using a UUID and wondering if there is some cleanup on my end that I need to do. Thanks

Seeing the same thing so not sure if that fix made it in. The sensors exposed in the mobile app also seem to be the same as prior.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure if I needed to fix things on my end or not. I too see the sensors names the same as before.

Think I spoke to soon. My location isn’t updating either.

Confused about the listed SSIDs bit.

I’m connected to my DuckDNS URL from a remote location. Yet the SSID of the remote location has been added as a sensor in HA twice sensor.ssid and sensor.ssid_2, and it’s listed in the app under “connection”. Does this mean the app thinks that the remote location’s SSID is OK to use the internal URL? Sorry if this makes little to no sense!

How IS location done at the moment please? If there’s a document or post which already describes this, please feel to point me at it!! :slight_smile: Thanks

The WiFI SSID is the connection your device is using to connect to web. sensor.SSID_2 is a big and should be the BSSID (MAC address of the access point being used).

No b43 won’t fix this. It will be in one of the next few builds hopefully.

Correct. The label is missing and will appear in the next update to home assistant.

Yes I have notify.mobile_app_XXXX in my service tab. This is what i see in the HA log when i call that service…
It sucks that you’re having the same issue… at least it’s not just me :slight_smile:

After the last update I cannot login anymore. I get the screen and after clicking connect I get the Home Assistant Auth page, but after that it returns to the page of the app without doing anything…

Try adding mobile_app: to your config
it worked for me to get me through the Auth page.

You will need to have either mobile_app: or zeroconf: in your configuration.yaml.

1 Like

Apple watch cannot be installed

1 Like

That indeed worked. Might be good to show in the app if nothings happens after login?

Me too! Tried everything I can think of to get it to work, but no luck.

The login now works, but it hangs at “Sensors Configured”, but logging show no problems :

2019-04-30 19:25:58 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Setting up binary_sensor.mobile_app

2019-04-30 19:25:58 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.mobile_app

2019-04-30 19:25:59 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.activity_3

2019-04-30 19:25:59 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.battery_level_3

2019-04-30 19:26:00 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.distance_3

2019-04-30 19:26:00 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.battery_state_2

2019-04-30 19:26:00 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.average_active_pace_3

2019-04-30 19:26:00 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.floors_ascended_3

2019-04-30 19:26:00 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.floors_descended_3

2019-04-30 19:26:01 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.bssid_5

2019-04-30 19:26:01 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.connection_type_3

2019-04-30 19:26:01 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.bssid_6

2019-04-30 19:26:02 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.mobile_app entity: sensor.last_update_trigger_3

Any idea?

Same issue here:

Tried un/repairing my watch & reinstalling the iOS Beta but think it might be broken for all

tnx! works fine now

Possible explanation for not installing on watch: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/99576 ?

1 Like