Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

I’m having the same issue with notifications on build 43

@paulau that’s a good find! Tagging Robbie here incase that ß is Unicode. I know the app used to show as Watch App on the watch. I also now have a stuck spinning wheel in the iPhone Watch app but I already had the Watch a App installed @robbiet480

1 Like

I can see that the beta home assistant app hasn’t asked to use location so I set this in the iOS settings but it hasn’t worked.

I have deleted the mobile_app file in the sources folder. Restarted HASS and reinstalled the app.

Now my app says the mobile_app configuration hasn’t been loaded or added but it’s in my configuration.yaml. Odd!

Is there a way to avoid the WIFI and operator sensors from the beta? I am only interested in the device_tracker part.

Also, what are people using them for? Could be that I can find use of them eventually.

New build will be out shortly. It should fix most of the issues. Please read the release notes.

On an entirely different note, I’ve been avoiding this forum and other venues for the last few days because it’s honestly just become too overwhelming for my mental health. A lot of the posts are reporting the same issues over and over again. Also, y’all, my inbox is destroyed. Like, you have no idea. I’ve probably received about 350 emails in just the last 24 hours. Please stop emailing me, it’s too hard to keep track of and most of the issues are already known or can be answered by someone else in a public space without needing my help. Also, please only iMessage me with issues if I’ve previously asked you to.

Here’s what I’m going to do:

1. I’m going to close this thread now. It’s just getting way too hard to follow for everyone I think.
  2. If you are experiencing what you think is a bug, please check the GitHub issues first. Please actually really click around a bit to confirm your issue is new before opening a new issue. Once you are sure, go ahead and open a new issue. GitHub issues are also the place for feature requests, enhancements and minor improvements, no matter how trivial.
  3. If you have a general discussion topic or something that would be better answered by the community, feel free to open a thread here.
  4. Please stop emailing me. Email is bad. I know Apple gives you email as a quick way to send me feedback, but I just won’t read it, honestly.

I hope y’all understand why I’m making these changes. Please, help me out on this. It’s awesome that so many people are on the beta (over 2,000 now!) and constantly thanking me, sending me positive vibes, etc. but not so awesome to wake up to 300 notifications (across email, forums, Discord, etc) and 290 of them are duplicates of existing things. It’s just very mentally exhausting. 99.9999999999% of what I read is positive, but I’m always worried that the next thing I’m gonna read is going to be very negative and demotivating (because someone doesn’t understand what “beta” means and gets upset that everything doesn’t work 100% perfectly every time quite yet). I don’t want to let anyone down.

I love you,
Robbie

PS: You can safely ignore error 409 on launch of build 44, that’s just sensors re-registering for those of you that were able to get through onboarding previously.

29 Likes