Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

Hello. Thank you a lot for your work
Two questions if you will find some time:

• Will it ever be possible to use theme color at the top of the app? Themes are not usable on Iphone X (and plus) because of blue line at the top.
  • Will it be possible to use new kind of notifications if I want to send picture from camera whitch was done at certain time and was saved at files? I do have remote access via duckdns. If it is needed - I can use nabu casa remote UI.

@Argo The answers to your questions:

• On the 2.0 beta the theme color is already being used by the app:
    https://youtu.be/KmvcmKNrO2w
  • You can already send notifications with picture attachments. This has been possible for quite a while.

Is documented somewhere how these apple watch actions work? I can add one and it appears on the watch, but how can I make it perform an action in HA?

This was already possible with the 1.5 version of the app, however you can not use theme selector in the frontend for it. You will have to have it set in themes.yaml and have it start that way. Works fine for me on my iphone x.

1 Like

HI @jimz011

that is a very nice setup you have there, especially the person tiles. Would you care to share how you split-up the one image over 2 tiles, and what the underlying yams code is for these picture cards?

Greetings from West-Brabant :wink:

And ofcourse, it is just cut in half and made into two pictures.

thx, watching you now ;), cool setup

Hello klm
Thank you for showing the example. I have managed to get notification on the iPhone for coming home and for opening the garage. But when I click the notification “Open Garage” nothing happens. And as far as I can see there is no connection to the entity that performs the actions. Can you help me the last way?
I have copied everything exactly as written in your post

I am new to automation so perhaps it is a step question but not for me

Not sure what it is exactly, but here are a few things to try.

In your iOS app go to notification settings and tap “Import push configuration from server”. I’m not sure if this is required as the app handles more of the setup, but I know it was with older versions of the app.

Restart Homeassistant if you’ve made any changes to config files, iOS app settings etc.

If you have your automations in your config file and you copied my text exactly, you’ll need to indent 2 spaces for all lines. Mine is stored in its own automations.yaml file so the indentation will be different if yours are in your config.yaml file.

Have you manually triggered the automation to ensure it functions? I will open the automation (in my case “open_garage_notification” automation, not the one that triggers upon your arrival) and click “trigger” to ensure everything in the “action” section is written/formatted correctly.

Let me know if anything here gets you up and running!

Thank you klm. I already did all what you suggested. I am also using automation.yaml.

My ignorance is so basic that I can’t see which part of the code actually opens the garage. Is it the entity_id line?

Yes, that’s correct. The service will still be cover.open_cover, but the entity_id will need to be whatever you have named your garage door. Mine is simply named “cover.garage_door”.

In my list of services, I haven’t got a service called cover.open_cover. My garage-opener is made of a Sonoff 5V that gives a short impulse to the garage door opener. I have services in my system called switch.toogle / switch.turn_on / switch.turn_off. Can they be used?

How do you save the complication when complete? How do you get the complications on the watch?

Does the Sonoff just give power to the garage door, or does it actually send a signal that opens it? If you have a way to open the garage door, then it can be used here. If you don’t have a way to open your garage door I’m unable to help.

For example, if your Sonoff can open the garage door with switch.turn_on your automation would look like this.

- id: 'open_garage_notification'
  alias: Open Garage (notification)
  trigger:
  - event_data:
      actionName: OPEN_GARAGE
    event_type: ios.notification_action_fired
    platform: event
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      entity_id: switch.your_sonoff_switch
    service: switch.turn_on

make sure you select the correct complication, I use the utility complication on my watch so I’ve entered the data in the Utilitarian area in in the Large option.
Once done just go back and tap on Send now on top of the app to send over to the watch.
Note: There is a bug at the moment where templates aren’t replaced with their content so at the moment all I have is HA showing up on the watch…

klm.
Succes. With your help I made it work.
What an impressing feature
Thank you very much

1 Like

Great! Glad to hear you were able to get it working. It’s one of my favorite features of the app, and has endless possibilities.

1 Like

I agree. May I ask another question.
How do I make the actions created in this process active on the Apple Watch. I have installed the app on the watch and have made a compilation. And I can see the actions on the watch. They just don’t do anything when pressed. The same goes with the actions imported into the notification screen on the iPhone

Hi @jjlawren, do you think a setting in the app to ignore or use iBeacon exit triggers makes sense? I was able to reliably use the exit triggers on the 1.5.1 beta but in 2.0 with the same configuration, my zones pretty much never update. This setting would allow everyone to decide how they want to utilize their iBeacons.

Just a heads up that beta is delayed. I somehow broke the Watch app build process and it’s stopping the entire build. Was up until 5am trying to fix but no dice yet. Hope to have the beta out later today!

5 Likes