Home Assistant for iOS 2.0 Beta Testing

I’m using actionable notifications with the new beta. Do you have automations created using the ios notification as the trigger?

Automation

- alias: Alarm - DisArm Alarm from iOS Notification
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
    - platform: event
      event_type: ios.action_fired
      event_data:
        actionName: DISARM_ALARM
  action:
    - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarm
      data:
        code: !secret alarm_code

ios:

push:
  categories:
    - name: Disarm_Alarm
      identifier: 'disarmalarm'
      actions:
        - identifier: 'DISARM_ALARM'
          title: 'Disarm Alarm'
          activationMode: 'background'
          authenticationRequired: yes
          destructive: yes
          behavior: 'default'
1 Like

I thought we don’t need the stuff under the push: settings with the new app…?

You don’t but they still work.

Were you able to get actionable notifications to work without it?

I haven’t tried it yet as all the notifications were already setup in yaml under the ios: component.

But I might try it when creating new ones. Is there any difference between the two? Are the “new” ones more sophisticated or are they basically just the same thing?

Btw if you have the watch app installed you will get better/beautiful notifications on your apple watch, only thing is that the icon will become the standard icon (as well for notifications) if you have the watch app installed.

I’m not really sure what the advantage would be other than it gives you a form to fill out rather than having to create the YAML. I guess since you can create the actionable notification on the phone, you can create automations and then enact them without having to restart HA.

Next beta drops after 0.91 does on Wednesday. Highlights are further mobile_app integration, a new push notification system (just backend changes, but there will be a new notify platform) and Watch complications are now working.

2 Likes

I have a weird issue. Whenever I add the sensors for the new attributes available for the device tracker (from olbjan’s example), all of those attributes disappear when I restart HA. The device tracker then looks like it did with the 1.5 app (no pedometer, ssid, etc. info).

The first time this happened, I completely removed the integration and reinstalled the app (also disabled the sensors). I re-configured the 2.0 app which brought all of those new attributes back. As soon as I re-enabled the new sensors again and restarted HA, all of the attributes disappeared again. Does anyone know what would cause that?

Perhaps it needs a time period before it updates those sensors?

I am using a web hook and the data from a script only gets pushed to HA every 15 minutes… so if I restart HA, I might have to wait up to 15 minutes before the lovelace card displays again

Yep, looks like that was it. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m new to Hass.io
I have a beacon at home so when I come home it updates status home on my HA page, I’m wondering how do I setup so I can see when I’m home on HA Apple Watch app and also get a notification on my watch and also it shows up on my Apple Watch face ?

//\Sorry about my spelling I’m dyslexic and Eng isn’t my English is not my mother tongue//\

Is there any way we can already test the “critical alerts”? Would love to utilize this with my smoke and motion detector automations.

Go to “Services” under the developer tools and select your ios notify target and paste this in the “Service Data” field:

{
  "message": "ALARM TEST!",
  "data": {
    "push": {
      "category": "alarm",
      "sound": {
        "critical": 1,
        "name": "default",
        "volume": 0.1
      }
    }
  }
}

credit: @olbjan

2 Likes

Looks like in the 2.0 version of the app, the zone exits via iBeacons do not seem to work (when iBeacon disconnects, there is no trigger update so the zone does not change). I noticed comments above about using GPS triggers for zone exits instead. Is this true that this has changed from the 1.5.1 beta? @robbiet480

If so, how would this work for stationary use like tracking keys or using one in the car?

Thanks.

I have exactly Same problem :,(

If anyone is having issues with actionable notifications I’ve included a working example below.

This automation fires the notification with 2 actionable options.

- id: im_home
  alias: I'm Home (Notifications)
  trigger:
  - entity_id: device_tracker.my_iphone_beta
    platform: state
    to: home
  action:
    service: notify.ios_my_iphone_beta
    data:
      data:
        push:
          category: ARRIVE_HOME

In the iOS app I went to notifications and created a “Category” named “Arrive”. When I go into the arrive category this is what I see.

When you scroll to the bottom there is a section for “Actions” I created two here

Going into the “Open Garage” action looks like this.

The automation that handles the “Open Garage” option presented in the first automation looks like this.

- id: 'open_garage_notification'
  alias: Open Garage (notification)
  trigger:
  - event_data:
      actionName: OPEN_GARAGE
    event_type: ios.notification_action_fired
    platform: event
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      entity_id: cover.garage_door
    service: cover.open_cover

Here is what it looks like when I get home and the first automation fires.

9 Likes

cc @Skaven

Thanks, @robbiet480. Would it be possible to have a simple on/off switch in settings to ignore or not ignore iBeacon exits? Ideally, I only want to use iBeacons for updates and ignore GPS updates.

Gotta ask @jjlawren, I defer to him on all matters iBeacon as I don’t use them myself