Home Assistant Green - eMMC Lifetime Used

I recently received my HA Green and just plugged it in. Under Settings → System → Storage, I noticed that the “eMMC Lifetime Used” is already at 10%. Is this normal? Could there be something wrong with the eMMC module?

1 Like

It might be incrementing fast in steps rounded to 10th :thinking: - and eMMC’s are not to mistaken for (good) SSD’s. They often not (much) better than sd cards and don’t have any cache (e.g. SLC) to successful mitigate write amplification. :man_shrugging:

Long story short: I used to run HaOS on a little intel stick PC on the internal eMMC which is now dead :put_litter_in_its_place:

It looks like it was a very poor choice for the home assistant green to don’t have a replaceable or even upgradable(?) storage. Any one knows if the green can be booted from USB - the sd card is already limited to recovery only… :scream:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I just setup my HA Yellow on a CM4 w/ eMMC and also see 10% lifetime used (after less than a day). Hopefully it’s rounding up to the nearest increment as orange-assistant suggested :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Same here on a new HA Yellow… I’m really hoping it’s a round up thing…

Mine was on 10% for a long time, but it now seems like the 2024.03 update destroyed the memory cause it’s no longer booting, and just saying that the drive has been corrupted on boot :cry: