Home Assistant installation - can't get docker to run (Berryboot)

Hi,

I am experimenting with Raspberry Pi 4B, 8MB. I was running HA superviser on a 64GB micro SD card when I stumbled upon the possibility of USB booting and multibooting (BerryBoot).

I successfully ran BerryBoot with Retro Pi, Twister OS and also put the Rasperry Pi OS on it. However when I try to install HA supervisor version on a " Raspberry Pi OS with desktop", it fails.

I did notice the output of “uname -a” is different for the Raspberry Pi OS running with BerryBoot:

Linux raspberrypi 5.10.43v64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 15 00:52:48 CEST 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Whereas, with my Raspberry PI OS (Lite) - working HA supervisor:

Linux raspberrypi 5.10.17-v7l+ #1421 SMP Thu May 27 14:00:13 BST 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

I have seen previous threads about this topic (like Homeassistant os install on ssd with berryboot and Hassio Micro SD move to SSD, Berryboot, Raspbian X/OS ,Docker install), but they have not really guided me. They are also old and since HA moves so quickly, I doubt their relevance as well.

The problem that I get is that docker fails to start:

sudo /usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// --containerd=/run/containerd/containerd.sock

INFO[2021-07-18T21:13:41.146843084+10:00] Starting up
failed to load listeners: no sockets found via socket activation: make sure the service was started by systemd

I wonder this does not work because the OS build is not Buster? OR it is using 64-bit kernel?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Regards,

Officially supervised is only supported on a vanilla Debian installation. I have successfully run it with Debian on a Pi 3B+.

Perhaps the issue is best asked on a Berryboot or Docker forum.

Thanks for the tip!