Home assistant keeps crashing my network

My home assistant keeps crashing every day now. After turning it off and on again it works fine again. The only issue is that it doesn’t only affect my home assistant, but it also takes down my Hue bridge from the internet. My automations stop running and it’s really starting to annoy me. It’s running on a raspberry pi 4 and it’s been happening since a week or three ago.
I don’t know if there are more people experiencing the same problem or if there is a fix for this, but I’m in desperate need of help…

How would your HA crashing affect your network or Hue-bridge?
That does not make sense as Hue is a completely standalone subsystem and even if HA is gone you can control the Hue universe through the Hue app.

Have you checked the “Host” logfiles in HA? (Under “Add-ons, Backup & Supervisor” → System. It defaults to the “Supervisor” logfile but there’s a dropdown to check the other logs. Host is what you want to look at first.

Most reoccuring crashes of Raspberry Pis are related to weak power supplies. (The RPi 4 needs a stable 2.5/3A power supply)

I’ll check it out when I come home from work. I don’t know how the Hue bridge is affected by the crash of home assistant. I’m using an original raspberry pi power supply, so that can’t be the issue. I’ve also read that nabu casa can cause problems, but I don’t know to what extent that’s true.

Never heard of any stability issues caused by Nabu Casa.
Do you use Home Assistant OS on the Pi? Which version are you on?

I am on Home Assitant OS, but I don’t know the version number from the top of my head. I’ll need to check that tonight.

Yea i am also seeing something like this issue.

I am running home assistant on an intel NUC, plugged directly into my UDM Pro.

Every 24 hours or so, home assistant becomes unresponsive and takes out everything on my LAN. Nothing can see a default gateway for some reason. Wifi clients are fine.

As soon as I unplug the intel NUC with home assistant installed, everything can see the gateway again.

This has now happened three or four times. I typically do not run a screen on the NUC so I’ve plugged one in to see if there is anything showing on there for the next time.

I am new to home assistant but am having the same issue. Running on a pi3 when unplugged from network the dns works

I’ve upgraded to the 2022.2.9 version. Everything seems fine since. I haven’t had a single crash in 1,5 weeks now. Maybe it was a bug in the core

Did you find a solution to this?

I have the same issue, when I connect remotely to the HA server it seems to keep all the connections active after I have closed the tab and when I load it again it creates new connections or something. Data flow to my TVs and phones gets choked and when I look at the various network ports I see the very similar transfer rates on all network devices that are integrated with home assistant.

1 Like

It can’t. No more than playing solitaire can crash your router.

Restarting the router probably fixed an IP conflict or full ARP table.

Please don’t cross post, it makes answering your question very difficult! :slight_smile:

As you already opened a new topic, please stay in that one. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Ok, have deleted the one here.