Home Assistant Nest

I’m trying to link Home Assistant with Nest and followed the extensive manual step by step.

Now I’m stuck on the part where I’m adding the integration. Redirects to the Google Page, I Log in with my Nest Account (which is migrated to Google) and now it says: “No access to partner.”

Information could not be retrieved. Please contact HomeAssistant to verify that your account has been properly set up. You may need to add the developer email address as a home member in the Google Home app settings.

The later part I’ve tried, but as that is part of gSuite account you are not able to add this to Google Home.

So, it is a bit catch22. I’ve tried to add the account that is connected to Nest as a test User on the oAuth account, same result…

Additional info, neither of the accounts are part of the Advance Protection Program of Google

I am in the same situation as you it seems. I’ve gone through with my personal email address hit the nest migration issue so have used my partners gmail account which the nest thermostat is now linked to. I’ve also added the email as a test user but ‘No access to partner’.

Did you manage to find a resolution?

EDIT: after messing around with this for hours I decided to create a personal google account. There are literally hundreds of users of gsuite/gapps that have restrictions as a result of Google’s decision on this. I could not even login with the nest app. It cost an extra $5 to get working but save yourself the hours of headache.

I’m hitting the same problem. Any solutions yet?

I have the same issue. Have a personal account, paid the $5, not working.

Same issue here. No solution found yet and have tried what seems like everything

Same here, seems like something is broken

same here, have a personal (non g-suite account), left it a few days just in case something was not linking, and still not working…hopefully gets fixed soon!

my gmail account is very old and pre-dates google nest etc, perhaps that is the problem, however setting up a new gmail/google nest account and migrating all devices is a bit of a major job.

I am hitting the same error :(. Followed all steps in the guide.

I am using a personal Google account, which is also used for the Google Home / Nest ecosystem and using it as primary developer e-mail.

I’ve ran into the same snag, watching this topic now.

I think I have found the cause, I had to remove and create a new Home within the app today, because of an issue with my Nest Hub Max (not working as a camera), and re-add/move all my devices across to the new home, and once I did that, I now longer get this error, just one now re the auth url being incorrect (which I think is my fault).

I’m picking that the older Home structures (which mine was) is the cause of this and other Nest issues, which is basically what the google support person said to me today.

I tried adding the Nest integration again (did not change anything), and this time I was taken to the authorization page where I select/deselect what what Nest events/access i want to authorize. A step closer, however I received the below error. TIme to tinker more i suppose.

Authorization Error
Error 400: redirect_uri_mismatch

You can’t sign in to this app because it doesn’t comply with Google’s OAuth 2.0 policy.

If you’re the app developer, register the redirect URI in the Google Cloud Console.

1 Like

Check redirect uri problems in the documentation under troubleshooting:

Keep getting the ‘No access to partner’ error.
All set up correctly however it is one of the new Nest Indoor Cameras, perhaps this is the issue.
Hopefully Google will push a fix for this (if the issues if with them)

I have exactly the same issue with the new nest indoor camera.
I believe the issue is that the new cameras are not supported by the sdm you yet

@undamagedvirus1 My impression is partner access to partner error is related to one of:

1. the oauth setup? Make sure it’s not “testing” in the oauth consent screen
  2. the home associated with the account
  3. oauth client id is linked incorrectly

I’d you are getting this, then I think it means you need to check all of the instructions again very closely.

@liviu The new devices won’t give you this error as far as I know

Hey there @allenporter
Went through the whole set up again and when adding my Gmail to the “Test users” section I get this error.

Ineligible accounts not added
The following email addresses are either not associated with a Google Account or the account is not eligible for designation as a test user:

Ever come across this?

I’ve never seen that before. Anything special about the account? e.g. GSuite, kids account, or restricted in some way? I think if you set the In Production bit you can skip the step about test accounts.

Hey
Cannot think of anything that would make it special honestly.

Honestly kind of stuck on where to go from here.

Skip that step and set the Publishing status to Production.