Home Assistant Nest

Went back to the start.
Deleted all previous projects, all credentials, everything.
Same error.

No access to partner

Information could not be retrieved. Please contact PROJECTNAME to verify that your account has been properly set up. You may need to add the developer email address as a home member in the Google Home app settings.

I have never been so lost before honestly aha!

You likely missed a step in the oauth client is and oauth secret setup. What is your app publish status set to? Testing or Production?

Hey bud
Set to Production
Going to try again tonight.

Eliminating other potential issues

When to create a Google Home, when to add the Nest Camera, Is the Nest app also required?

Thank you

Set up a new Google account.
Set up a new Google Home, added the camera.
Linked Home Assistant with Google Home.
Went through the documentation for the Nest Integration.
Same issue crops up.

It may mean the oauth client ids don’t match?

Check out this page with more details:

Anyone got this working now? Today i got my new Nest Protect v2’s and running into same problem.

The nest instructions say:

Make sure the Google account is a member of the home listed in the Google Home app.

Last time I spoke to someone who hit this, it was due to being logged into multiple accounts in the browser and getting them mixed up.

That’s all OK and i have only 1 account so i’m sure nothing is mixed up. But i’m running badnest now and currently installing Homebridge in Portainer to integrate Nestproducts.

For anyone interested ( not my channel ofcourse):

Your issue is about protects? Yes, not supported by SDM API. Agreed, most folks like homebridge for this.

The only problem with Portainer is that your installation becomes unsupported right away.
So in this case badnest is better i think? I don’t know how to test to change state in home assistant so i don’t know if it’s working or not. Any ideas? A selftest on the device itself changes nothing on Badnest entity and also on the Homebridge version.

I forked the Badnest repo and since it wasn’t updated for over 2 years and there were pull request i added it myself. The refresh_token is working flawless and the integration is better than the Homebridge way that renders your installation ‘unsupported’ en gives you only 2 sensors per Nest Protect…No idea wich is CO or Smoke.

The new Badnest also gives you way more information and attributes. So if people have Nest Protect’s and want integration: Fork the Badnest repo and manually add the pending pull requests .
Add your github repo to custom repo’s in your HA and install!

My Homebridge interfaced Nest protects give me both smoke and and CO alarms, at least with the current version of the plugins, along with presence which is also helpful. Of course Nest may change something to break this at some point, but it seems to work well.

BTW, speaking of protects, I posted this in another thread, but thought it may be useful for Protect users. If you have an HA interfaced alarm system with wireless , Encore makes a set of audio sensors (Firefighter series) that listen for both the smoke and CO alarms, and acts as 2 wireless zones (one for each type of alarm). I use them with my Nest protects so my Elk M1 system can know if the smoke alarms are going off and trigger a fire alarm to the alarm company.

Here is some good commentary on the device: Encore Firefighter FF345 - Smoke Detector Takeover Module for Honeywell and 2GiG Wireless Systems - Alarm Grid

It’s too bad Nest doesn’t provide a way to integrate this into a security system, but the Encore works pretty well.

The problem with Homebridge solution is :
It renders my HA installation to : ‘unsupported’ and to have another device just to install Homebridge is overkill.
And like i said i get 2 sensors per Protect…but they are named _1 and the other _2…so i really have no clue which one is the smoke and which one is the CO sensor.
With the altered BadNest (refresh_token) that i use now it works flawless. It even gets me a lot of attributes with usefull information.
To bad Badnest isn’t maintained anymore by both official repo’s.

That’s weird, because my next plugin in homebridge clearly indicates which is the smoke and which is the CO sensor. You should try deleting everything and installing with the latest software. Why do you say it’s “unsupported” with homebridge? It looks like any other homekit device. And it’s a lot easier to set up and integrate than even the Nest SDM approach.

Look, we all are still upset about the whole works with Nest fiasco and how google deprecated a perfectly good interface and replaced it with (still) incomplete support. But the homebridge approach for dealing with the protects is not a bad solution. Of course, Google may kill the protect support completely at some point - you have to wonder why it’s not supported in the SDM API - but that’s another issue.

After an hour or so I finally found what was going on – was getting this same error.

My nest account was created with “email1”. I created the connection using “email2”. I followed the steps, but missed where I would need to make sure those two email addresses were the same, even when passing the API information. I simply invited myself (email2) to join the (email1) family and it worked afterwards.

Using this SDM validator, it completes all the steps to the end and then I get a error 400 invalid redirect uri… It’s a hint to the reason for the failure…but I don’t know where to turn next.

Authorize an Account | Device Access | Google Developers

1 Like

I can confirm, having just run into the ‘No access to partner’ error, that the most likely cause is your browser being logged into two different google emails at the same time. I had a gmail account and a Google Workspace account, and I hadn’t noticed that one was logged into the Google Cloud, and the other one was logged into the Nest Console. This meant I created a Nest Project on the wrong Nest Console account. As soon as I deleted the project from my Workspace account and re-created it on my gmail account (the one that matches my Google home login) it worked. I also noticed the browser error, which looked like a page not found, but it was actually a warning page saying that the URL was unsafe. I manually override the warning and got my authorization code. Now its all working!

1 Like

You got it to work for the nest protect series? (smoke/CO detector?)

Edit day after: nvm I got the smoke detector in ha via homebridge.

Curious if anyone ever had any luck resolving the above mentioned error?

I too am getting stuck with the “No access to partner” error.

I have confirmed the same account was used throughout the process, and double checked the OAuth ID, Secret, and Project ID are all correct.

And yes, my project is in Production, not testing.