Home Assistant Nest

I followed @Tonyburn74’s guidance and deleted my “Home” from the Google Home app. I then created a new Home and the “No access to partner” error message went away. The authorization webpage then prompted me to migrate my Nest to Google (which might be needed if you’re coming from the legacy Nest integration). After that, it prompted me to authorize the Nest with Home Assistant and things seem to be working fine.

1 Like

Having the same issue as well. Tried @Tonyburn74 advice to no avail. Spent 2hrs trying to readd all my wifi settings back to my Google Home. Using one account and tried deleting and recreating both the Cloud Project and Device Access Project to no avail.

There is now a video from mostly Chris on the integration instructions which presumably you have seen, so maybe double check everything there…

The page from Google of course says it’s about access to he home, and explains how to manage accounts there.

One other trying that comes up is related to nest account linking state like if there was a failed migration. Folks have had success reaching out to nest support to get accounts unstuck if you were a nest account user in the past.

@allenporter - Just expanding on your last post here.

So just to confirm, you must migrate from a Nest Account to a Google account before this integration will work?

Currently I am still a legacy nest user, and experiencing this “No access to Partner” error. But I don’t want to migrate to a google account, as it will disable my access to the Android TV Nest app. On the other hand, I don’t want to use the legacy nest integration because HA is removing it in 2022.6

I thought I could use the new integration with a legacy account, but maybe not?

2 Likes

I don’t have a legacy nest account so I’m not sure. Of you’re seeing no access to partner, then it sounds plausible that it’s part of the explanation. I would recommend contacting nest support or scouring the sdm docs or help center articles, or maybe other folks here have answers. Best of luck navigating this.

For anyone else looking, I have confirmed.

Per Get Started  |  Device Access  |  Google Developers

" Note: A supported device must be activated with a Google account. Legacy Nest accounts are not supported for Device Access."

2 Likes

can this be mentioned in CAPITALS in the integration, as I just paid 5 dollar and now I have this issue…

1 Like

I just finally upgraded my legacy Nest account to Google.

Paid the five bucks.

I do use two Google accounts on this browser but I signed out of both and tried again with only signing into the appropriate one.

Double and triple-checked my config keys.

I get this error but can’t find it in the Partner Connections Manager Error Reference page. Dumb question: the error says you can’t sign into “this app”. What app is this referring to…is it my app or is Home Assistant the app or…?

Hi, you aren’t doing anything wrong, this is a new issue Nest Error 400: invalid_request due to OAuth OOB/Desktop Auth deprecation · Issue #67662 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

So actually I knocked my app from the Production state back to the Test state and then it worked. Sounds like it will time out after 7 days tho.

Hi, I had the ‘No Access To Partner’ issue as well. Here is what I did to fix it.
I found that my Nest was not attached to my Google account, it was still registered under my original Nest login from years ago. So I logged into the Nest site, and they had an option to migrate my Nest account over to my Google account. I followed the directions for this and it worked. This might be the same for you.

I just register this account to share what I did to fix “No access to partner” problem

It this because I have no device in Nest — not Google Home app.

Although I had add a Google Nest Hub and a Nest Hub Max into Google Home, but those devices are not shown in Nest app, what I did is enable camera access for the Nest Hub max, and then Google Home app will pass it into Nest, finally I have one device in Nest, and the problem solved.

I have received that error as well. It turned out that I needed to make sure I was using the same Google account in Google Home and Google Cloud Services. I had used my Google Workspace account but when I just used my gmail account which is what I had used for Google Home (since they don’t allow Workspace accounts) it worked.

I have 2 Hub Max devices in my house. I followed these steps at least 20 times… then read the above. The solution for me was go into the Google home App, select the hub max device and press the “Set Up Next Cam” option on my phone. Follow the instructions. The bingo it all worked fine.

1 Like

Thanks @stephang! Setting up the next cam for my Hub Max fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

Still not working for me - I only have the one google account and nest 7"

What’s the issue you’re having? Lots discussed here. See troubleshooting in the nest docs if you have a specific error.

Same as the OP

I only have one gmail account, never used Nest and have created all the required steps in https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/nest/#device-access-registration

However, I have a Nest Hub 2nd generation (Not Max) so no camera etc. I suspect this isnt supported?

See Partner Connections Manager Error Reference  |  Device Access  |  Google Developers – it implies that there is an issue related to the google account and the google home in the home app. You may need to try things like deleting the home and re-adding it and adding accounts to it, etc.

I don’t think this error is about devices, but Supported Devices  |  Device Access  |  Google Developers does list the supported devices for the SDM API and Nest Hub is not one of them. It should work with the cast integration though if you want to cast to its display.

1 Like

I think the “Supported Devices” should be mentioned in the integration document. This integration shows up in my HA and I spent hours trying to figure how to set it up (and, of course, $5). In the end, I finally found this lenghty thread and found that my device (Nest Hub) is actually not supported. Would be nice to have this mentioned in the doc.