Home Assistant - New Zealand

I have Fully Kiosk on a Galaxy Tab S3 in my pantry with the battery charger automated with the battery level sensor.
I have a motion sensor in my pantry and would like to use it to turn on the tablet screen.
Which Fully Kiosk entity do you “turn on” the screen?

Sorry, I probably should have asked this question in the wider forum (not the NZ one)

Edit: SOLVED
I was looking for a Fully Kiosk entity when I should have looked for a tablet entity
For me I have Switch: Turn on galaxy_tab_s3_screen

This is definitely an "NZ Question:-

I have Assist working with Piper, Whisper and Openwakeword on Wyoming.
I also have an M5Stack Atom Echo working but not working well withWakeword sometimes not detected or miss-hearing my kiwi accent (e.g. eee when I say air, pentry when I say pantry)

Just wondering if any Kiwis (I didn’t think we had an accent) have settled on a reliable language model for Whisper?

2 Likes

Thanks Bro

10 out 10

I’ve just attempted to install this - 2 issues:
1 - the “Open HACS Repository” link still points to your Watercare one. I manually entered the correct link to get around this
2 - When trying to install within Home Assistant I get a error which shows up in the logs as follows:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.hacs
Source: custom_components/hacs/repositories/base.py:986
integration: HACS (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:41:43 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:42:41 PM

<Integration brunsy/ha-frankenergy> Failed to download https://github.com/brunsy/ha-frankenergy/releases/download/main/frank-energy.zip

I’ve very keen to try it out if you can sort those issues (or tell me what I’m doing wrong…)

I ended up copying this manually and have created an integration, however it throws up a couple of errors in the log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:727
integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:32:00 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:34:33 PM

frankenergy: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 727, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 1300, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()
  File "/config/custom_components/frankenergy/sensor.py", line 91, in async_update
    await self.process_data(response)
  File "/config/custom_components/frankenergy/sensor.py", line 103, in process_data
    for entry in data['usage']:
                 ~~~~^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

and this one:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.frankenergy.api
Source: custom_components/frankenergy/api.py:223
integration: Frank Energy (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:32:00 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:34:33 PM

Could not fetch consumption

Heya, another kiwi checking in. :slight_smile:

Sorry mate, didn’t realise that initial commit had issues.
Was waiting for the brands PR to be merged before the latest build I’ve been running can be built and pushed.
Anyway, should be good to go now and can be installed via the hacs button.

Let me know if any problems

Brilliant! Thank you so much. It works, there’s a bit of a bug but it’s complicated…

When I first logged updated to the new version, it didn’t work. The debug logs show it was getting through the authentication and received the token but didn’t receive data. I had a hunch so I opened the Frank Energy app on my phone and switched from the reticulated gas account to the electricity account. I then closed the app and restarted the integration in HA and it worked! Thanks a lot for that

But now of course I have to wonder - is there any way to also retrieve the gas usage, and/or to fix the bug? The gas also has a smart meter and gives hourly usage through the app, but the app treats the gas and electricity as 2 separate accounts - you log in once but must choose to switch between them (even the bills come as two completely separate emails)

Gas should be possible too.
Although I don’t have it myself so will need the account & usage data structure for it.

Grabbing it from devtools in the browser might be enough.

What tool did you use to listen to the API calls for your integration? I’ve been tinkering on my laptop using Postman but the API addresses are quite different (e.g. the main one is https://web.energyonline.co.nz…etc rather than https://mobile.energyonline.co.nz)

Hi All, thought I would share a funny HA thing. I have been away traveling for 3 weeks… got back home and during dinner I asked my (very understanding) wife: “How did everything go over the last 3 weeks with the house? Any issues with the lights etc?”

At the exact point I said “lights”, all the kitchen lights turned off as well as half the lounge lights.

At first I thought, did Siri pickup something and turn something off? But it ended up being a RCD tripped because I had 20mins earlier refilled out coffee machine (which was off at the time) and there must have been a small drip of water that made its way to somewhere it should not have over 20mins and created a short - as traced it to the coffee machine and its fine this morning.

Talk about timing!

BTW - The house ran fine (touches wood).

1 Like

You need to bypass the certificate pinning before you can MITM the app calls. I use mitmproxy on a rooted android phone to push my self signed certificate into system but there are ways to do it as well.

Can probably just start with the “/v2/private/usage/electricity/aggregatedSiteUsage/hourly” endpoint and from there see if you can figure out what the gas one will be.

but raise an issue in GitHub for adding gas, so we can move the convo there

Zigbee uses 16 channels (from 11 to 26) in the 2.4 GHz throughout the world, 13 channels in the 915 MHz band in North America, and a single channel in the 868 MHz band in Europe. Some devices also use the 784 MHz band in China for Zigbee.

I call bulldust.

That’s a good idea actually having a separate motion sensor, I didn’t like the idea of using the one in my tablet as that means a cameras exposed in my home, i try to avoid that whenever possible and just stick to exterior cameras.

anyone got the contact integration working yet?

I got partway through setting it up before I realised that my Fronius Inverter integration gives me more info.

I would love to take you up on this offer, Rob. How is best to reach you ? Thanks, Matt Long Ph 021 370011