Home Assistant - New Zealand

Sorry just to clarify, I wasn’t aware of the LGOIMA so it never came up in the email. Thanks for making the request :slight_smile:

Getting this in my dev build when testing the contact sensor integration. I have added all 3 possible sensors in though. No values are showing in the energy tab yet.

Does anyone know the difference between the usage sensor and consumption sensor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17cEy1mH8L4

Hmph, how did I not know this thread existed :rofl: have been a home automation user for about 12 years, converted to HA from openhab a few years ago. I have a fairly comprehensive setup. Not much isn’t automated but always looking for more, good to find this NZ specific thread for automating NZ specific services!

This maybe handy for anyone in NZ with an HRV system, I made this years ago has been rock solid since, if anyone interested…

Instructable I wrote for it… (Use a Wemos d1 mini and you can do away with the logic level converter completely, significantly quicker and easier to deploy)

1 Like

Oh very cool @chimeranzl
I used your web page up as a reference when I was trying to both display and control my HRV using EspHome. I got the display going thanks in part to your example, but could never get the control going.
Ultimately I found it easier to engineer a new solution from scratch than reverse engineer the existing HRV system.
Here is what I came up with: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/hrv-erv-controller/567127
It has worked flawlessly for about a year now.

1 Like

Nice one Ken!

Originally I had opt’d for an ESP8266 V1 as the footprint was small to fit in the wall, stupidly after adding the logic level converter and other components it was larger than I’d hoped, then someone else pointed out the d1 mini could take 5V input on the GPIO pins so I changed to that. It still just displays temperatures from original system as opposed to replacing the controller like yours. Ironically I don’t really rate the original HRV it’s too simple, and after writing the original code I was loathed to spend anymore time on it!

1 Like

Also something that I made that had been invaluable for automation… security system PIR movement to home automation (I also use zigbee PIRs in specific areas not covered by security alarm) basically I wanted to integrate into my existing alarm system which has PIRs near the main house entry points

Automations:

• if away mode is on and PIR is triggered then alert my phone
  • if lounge PIR is detected and sun is rising and elevation is above 1, then turn off kitchen lights and open all living area blinds
2 Likes

I’ve just been using the good old smartIR hacs addon to control my fujitsu heatpump. It works well, the only problem is that if the heatpump is on and i restart home assistant, the climate control doesn’t show as on when I get back in. I’m thinking about getting around this by doing some boolean automation of some kind.

Hey mate, did you have any luck with the council?

I received an acknowledgement but nothing further. Seems they make take the entire 20 days.

1 Like

I’m a bit pissed off, got ambiclimate which has been mint and worked flawlessly but they’ve discontinued it

Been using for Fujitsu heat pump. Seen the posts for integration just need to get around to it

Was it cloud?

Hi is it possible to get the current power consumption and usage from PowerShop in kW?

Thanks

I used SmartIR (with Broadlink IR blaster) for my old Fujitsu heat pump as well (have now got a Mitsubishi with wi-fi so use a HA integration now for local control) and got annoyed as well when the heat pump was on but HA still thought it was off. I solved this by: 1) put a Zigbee window/door sensor on the flap to detect when it was open 2) wrote an automation so if the window sensor opened, check if HA heat pump entity is still off, if it is then set it to on (heat mode). Can also have another automation that runs when the sensor closes, to set the heat pump entity to off if it is still on or in heat mode. This was in case someone used the remote to turn it off.

1 Like

Yes and no local.

Yeah I thought about this, I’m wondering I could possibly resolve it without additional hardware. My idea so far is

1. Set up a input toggle boolean that turns on when the heatpump turns on
  2. If that boolean is still on when home assistant restarts, fire the action to turn on the heatpump (purely for syncing)
  3. Save the previous state of the heatpump in some sort of input text helper to help with 2.

May require some tinkering but i think doing this via software could be manageable although longwinded.

Was that question to me? If so yes

You looked at HA glow? I use that it’s pretty accurate

Anyone here have the sync box lighting on the TVs

Bit OT for the NZ Social topic…