Home assistant not working

Hello All,
I am very new in the world of home automation.
I just purchased Odroid N2+ with HA pre-installed from Odroid website. They sent me the unit.

http://192.168.0.40:4357 works fine and shows everything healthy but http://192.168.0.40:8123 does not work. I receive below message from my Chrome browser:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.40 refused to connect.

Below are the details of the HA installed on the Odroid unit:
Homeassistant 2022.4.7
Home assistant OS 7.2

Below are screenshot right sfter the system loading up . the core log and the supervisor log

I stopped the core (Core Stop) and when I asked for the system to start the core ( Core Start) I receive below error message

Processing… Done.
Error: Unknown error, see supervisor

And checking the supervisor log suggest that the HA crashed:
… Error (Mainthread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Home Assistant has crashed!

Another thing I tried was to rebuild core whcih also failed and I received exact same error message as above and supervisor log shows the HA has crashed.

After a number of attempt to contact the support team at Odroid, they showed me proof that the system was working fine before the send it to me. They sent me a photo of the HA login screen working on the screen.

I am now completely lost and hope you expert people could help me out.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Note: I just updated the core to 2022.5.2. When I type HA Core Start I get

Processing… Done.
Error: Unknown error, see supervisor

Same as above supervisor log shows that HA has crashed.

Can you use the ha-console ? … try --help
If it works, you could try to enable Debug, to get additional answers to what’s going on
And make sure you use right power-supply etc., and don’t have anything but basics attached to the Odroid

Hello, Thank you for the reply. I have e been trying various things. I just now tried downgrading to 2022.4.7 . Thought that might help. Process stopped . I received an error message. After I restarted though I could see that the version has now downgraded.

Could u tell me how to enable debug please.

I have tried “resolution info” is this what you mean??

try with:
su logs --log-level debug

or, as mention

and go on from there, explore and learn :slight_smile: … i’ve never had any immediate use/needs for ha-console, im just curious in any means when im trying something new

EDIT: but as resolution shows a core-issue, try

core logs -h

core logs --log-level debug

EDIT: hmmm, i really don’t know, and currently i dont have any errors so hard for me to say

This is what I get

When I try to rebuild “Core rebuild” it failes

And when type
Supervisor Log

I get below picture showing HA crashed

Sorry, i have no idea, if i was you i would send it back, or, email them these pics ( the resolution-pic, and start-op log )
If you haven’t got it up and running yet, they can say what they want, unless you somehow “tampered” with it, must be some kind of support or guaranty

Thank you very much.

I asked for help and they said that they are only responsible for sale and they can not provide technical support.

My gut feeling says that most likely it needs to be re imaged/flashed.
They said I have an option of sending it back to them to re image.

Whilst I’m so tempted to open the box and do it myself but I’d rather get them resolving the issue.

Thanks a million for your help.

ok, sorry that i can’t say much about the “Fatal” error, i doubt any can, so just for the “peace of mind” i would return it, and get a new, that works when pluggin it in … some day you will eventually crack it open :), but better to be on the safe side, so it’s not caused by some hardware failure, bad memory/SSD card or something … i mean it should work out of the box, whatever they say ( they just say, and can send you any pics, that doesn’t verifies it’s from your devices, i doubt they take a picture of the devices/on a monitor, of each they sell) … i my mind bullock

EDIT: did you try
core logs --log-level debug

Try the supervisor repair command.

ha supervisor repair

Hello,

Yes I tried and below is what I can see

Still not working :frowning:

Hello,
Thank you for your help.

I tried . I received "command completed successfully ". Then I restarted to ensure changes are implemented. Unfortunately again failed to access home assistant UI using http://192.168.0.40:8123.

So frustrating.

What does the log look like now?

Sure, please see below pictures .inclusions output of “supervisor logs” and “resolution info” commands:

Hmm. Home assistant keeps crashing. Try reinstalling:

Thanks Tom,
I would love to. Because I purchased the odroid n2+ from odroid website 3 days ago with HA pre installed, it is still under warranty. Therfore, I have to go through the pain of sending it back to them to re-flash.

Thanks for your help

Also in last picture I sent you (result of “HA Resolution info” command ), you can see that there is something wrong with the Core.

No you dont. You can do it yourself, follow the instructions I linked to.

As part of the process I will need to remove the box in order to Locate the toggle for boot mode and switch it from MMC to SPI. I current can not do that because they have sealed the unit. And If I break the seal they won’t cover it for warranty.

Have you talked to them about this?

One last thing to try:

ha os update --version 7.6

You are running an older version of the operating system (v6.6).

1 Like