Home assistant not working

Please see below. NO LUCK :pensive:

@tom_l I’m out of reply. That’s why I’m replying to your suggestion to update core here. I get an error message Version 2022.5.2 is already installed

Also look at this please:

Ok now try reinstalling the core version:

ha core update --version 2022.5.2

Ok try:

ha core update --version 2022.5.1

I received below error message:

Here is the supervisor log:

Here is resolution info:

“Update failed”. What a very helpful error message :roll_eyes:

Sorry, I’m out of ideas. You could ask for some support on Discord: Home Assistant

Thank you very much Tom. Appreciate your help.

I found before that this kind of error with AwesomeVersion was sometimes also tied to a file in /config .HA_VERSION

if you type login to get to # and then cat /mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant/.HA_VERSION what’s inside that file?

Not found

no cat is the command. You are writing the whole thing as a path

Oh sorry

Here it is now.

Nothing happend

that would suggest either nothing there or file is empty. if you do

ls /mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant/ does that file exist in there?

No it is not

Right so try perhaps vi /mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant/.HA_VERSION

This will make that file and open an editor to write in it. You’d want to write a single line of the version of core that is installed. e.g. 2022.5.2 if you got it to the latest. ha core info if not sure of the version.

Only slightly hard thing is escaping and saving in vi editor. Should be

1. hit ESC
  2. type :wq (this should appear on bottom left) if it doesn’t you’ll notice since will be lke your writing normally
  3. hit enter

If successfull repeating the cat command shoulld return what you typed in that file

So far so good

Should I restart now?

try ha core rebuild and if you still get that error saying look at superivosr logs, I’d do ha host reboot

Gave error
Error: Unknown error, see supervisor.

Supervisor log shows “Home Assistant has crashed”

I’m going to reboot now

Here it is after reboot

after reboot wouldn’t need to rebuild. And the Supervisor logs keep saying still that Core has crashed?

and what about core logs also? Same exact issue?

Oh wow, core log looks more red than before. Compared to previous photos I posted on the chat.

I just restarted and used the core log command . It appears to be fine, now.

Still not working though

Here is Supervisor logs

Hmm seems more promising now. Perhaps give it a few minutes and try going at the IP

Supervisor logs also now report Core being ok

Damn. I just typed the core log command and this is what I get. It appears that initially everything is healthy but something goes wrong after a couple minutes.