Home assistant on Android Auto

Can’t get this to work at all on android 13. Tried AA Store alone, tried AA AIO Tweaker, Tried kingmaker and reinstalled AA Store. Custom app doesn’t appear at all on the car. It’s a shame because the official app isn’t very good.

What’s wrong with the official app?

Well I’d like to just to be able to have 1 or 2 things available not having a full list of every device/entity. Garage open/close & security (arm, away, home, night) is really all I need it for.

That was added in this poat weeks release. Please update the app and set your favorites in settings.

Alarm only supports disarmed and armed away controls in the car as we can only do simple on and off controls. If you need the other states create a script and add that as a favorite. We also cannot use the code entry so control is only on panels without a code, again use a script if you need to pass a code to the panel. The state of the panel will still reflect correctly it’s the setting of the other states that’s not supported in the toggle control.

1 Like

Hi guys, hi @schumijo,

I don’t know about you guys, but today I was totally surprised when I saw that voice assistant is working on AA :rocket: :rocket:

If you press in that voice assistant icon in top right corner, and you speak to your VA (has to configured of course) you can command HA via voice assistant. The only 2 things turned out a bug is that there is no back button or any other button on screen to be able to get back to home menu. The other one is the app when VA is activated, the AA simulates as a call and when you are done with commanding you have to hang up (press dial button in my case on a steering wheel like I normally press when I’m done with a telephone call). The google voice button on AA is still working as google voice assistant.

But apart from that - the VA in a car is really a great advantage in voice assistant thing!!
Just want to share this news with in case somebody doesn’t know this :slight_smile:
Regards,
Andrej

oh wow this must be new!! Are you by chance on the AA beta from google?

No, just to be clear. With the app I meant croccio’s app that can open HA page - normal page like on browser and display it on AA display, not the HA app which runs on AA.
I hope it helps!

1 Like

It would be nice if that Github repo had some documentation…