Home Assistant OS 10: Better memory management and new board support

That is surprising. Are you maybe process different video streams?

Are you sure both successfully updated to OS 10 otherwise (according to Settings > About?).

Big issues here. My HA crashes after my memory usage increases to the max.

isnt it better to postpone this update , more and more issues/reports coming in?

1 Like

Yes, both on OS 10 and latest version (in fact, I noticed because I use the remote HA in HACS, upgrading one will trigger upgrade in both ā€¦ just a sidenote).

the problematic one:

The one without issues:

You might be right in the streaming, but I am quite sure that I am using rtsp in both. I do notice that I cannot access the MotionEye webUI at the momentā€¦ .bad gateway NGINX so canĀ“t really check the details, but I see more people complaining about CPU / memory issues.

I can confirm montioneye is the troublemaker. After disabling it, everything became stable.

@Koen22 Do you use the NGINX add-on too? just to see if there are any similarities.

I used to, but I disabled it a few months ago.

okā€¦ then I am lost why I have this issue in one system and not in the otherā€¦

Same here. Motioneye seems to be the cause for 100% CPU

ā€œNVMe SSD boot is currently not supported by the boot firmware.ā€

How come that I can boot from NVMe SSD with my ordroid M1 with ubuntu as OS(this was before HA supported the M1 in HA OS 10). And itā€™s not possible with HA OS 10 ?

1 Like

I have also a lot of problem with different addons like the Homatic add on which is in a restart loop. Also a homegear addon is running with 50%cpu on my RPI 3. before the update it only used under 3%.

Is there a way to undo the update? Is reloading a backup enough?

The same for me.

I can confirm as well, that Bluetooth devices like ThermoPro lose connection after a while. There seems to be an issue with Bluetooth, but i canā€™t find anything so far in the logs.

Iā€™m running the latest available EMQX. There might be betas but Iā€™m not subscribed to any betas. Looks like it is being adressed.

For me also bluetooth devices lose connection after a while. Reloading the bluetooth integration fixes it temporarily.

Iā€™m not sure that my HA OS update causes the issue but since I upgraded to 10.0 the Node-Red addon stopped to work and Iā€™m not able to restart it.
I made a rollbakk to earlier Core versions (4.4 and also 3.6) but it didnā€™t solved the issue, so the only change I made is the HA OS 10.

Bluetooth and everything related to it is completely dead in HAOS 10.0.
Verified by restarting bluetooth integration, works for 10 minutes or less, then dies.
It does not come back to life at any time.

RAM usage has also went from 1.9GB to 45GB due to the Bluetooth issue it seems.

Iā€™d recommend this release be pulled as to not damage hardware / cause instability. This should have never made it to stable release.

1 Like

Did your bluetooth come back too? I donā€™t use motioneye at all but bluetooth is dead in this release. RAM usage seems to be caused by iBeacon integration due to the failing bluetooth integration.

1 Like

Agreed, this release should have never made it to stable/prod.
Itā€™s broken.

Same issue here, Bluetooth on intel NUC, was solid before 10.0, now BlueTooth is not working, SwitchBot temp and door contact/motion sensors now not contactable. How do you downgrade the O/S, please?

2 Likes