Home Assistant OS 6: Release Candidate 1/2/3 (testing welcome!)

Untill you see it there, it’s not

ah ok, but it will be a stable release? so its coming verry soon? :slight_smile:

Updated to HassOS 6.0 and everything runs smoothly. I have one question: the new version of HassOS will never show up on the Supervisor page. The only things that come are the new versions of Supervisor and Home assistant Core.
Does anyone know why?

Mostly I have to update HassOS using USB

Currently running a basic test install of 6.0rc1 on a HP T520 Thin Client. After changing BIOS settings, every booted without issue and HA was running in 10mins

MQTT server and Visual Studio Code running so far, all working well.

This should be resolved by the next version of Supervisor.

Go to the My Supervisor: Info page and Reload Supervisor. If not on supervisor-2021.05.3 or later, update Supervisor first.

I run a Home Assistant Blue

I got the notification about the OS 6 update, read the release notes, and clicked update.

Then HA went offine as expected. After 10 minutes it was still not up. I waited another 5 and then put a monitor on the HA blue HDMI and a USB keyboard. Black screen. Nothing happening when you hit enter. So I cut the power and plugged it again. Then it came up with OS6.

So eventually it worked but the process is not pretty and you never know how soon it is OK to pull the power

This sounds an awful lot like the issue we have been seeing here:

Which version have updated from? If it was a rc version which still had that bug, then this is “expected” and future updates shouldn’t have the issue anymore.

Home Assistant OS stable 6.0 is out now :tada:

Thanks to everyone who took the plunge early and helped testing!

1 Like

From previous stable. I did not try the beta or RC