Home Assistant Setup on Windows 10 without Any Virtualization

Here is a Portable version of Home Assistant for Windows that doesn’t require any installation at all. No docker, No Virtualization, No Extra Hardware such as Raspberry Pi.
This way newbies can get quick hands on with Home Assistant and experts can use it as a daily driver for their home assistant server on their windows 7 or windows 10 pc or laptop without any virtualization with very less CPU usage. You can also carry your Home Assistant in your thumb drive thus making it portable Home Assistant in you pocket.
Check Detail YouTube Video : https://youtu.be/2LB3wRXv9Y0
There are just 3 Steps

1. Download [HassWP.zip]
  2. Unpack
  3. Run
    Happy Home Assistant !

HassWP (Credits AlexxIT) : https://github.com/AlexxIT/HassWP
Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/kedarnimbalkard?sub_confirmation=1

#homeassistant #hassbian #IoT #smarthome #hassio

2 Likes

Does this have Supervisor?

1 Like

Awesome thank you for this. By chance are you the same Kedar who made the ChromeOS tutorial on youtube? I found that today and it worked great.

1 Like

you know me very well. I am the same one :sunglasses:

This is great. Even a newb like me was able to get Home Assistant working in short order.

The distribution includes an out of date version of Home Assistant. What is the procedure for updating Home Assistant and continuing to use HassWP? Thanks.

I’ve read that it doesn’t, but can you explain if not having it is a show stopper? I’m a newbie to HASS and haven’t done my install yet… I have an older windows 10 machine and trying to determine if I should rip off windows for the install or just run hasswp… Thanks for any help.

I don’t pretend to be an expert. But supervisor makes it simple to add add-ons to HASS. I think this is a neat idea and I wouldn’t mind running something native, but I have my HASS set-up in Hyper-V (virtual machine) and it’s served me well. Runs automatically on windows start-up and keeps checkpoints. Highly recommended. In fact, once when I killed everything, it made it super-simple to go back in time and restore HASS to a previous ‘checkpoint’

Thanks nima. I went the VirtualBox route and successfully brought up HA. I now see what folks are saying about the fragility of installing all your devices… but I’m pretty tech savy and been doing home automation for 10 years, so I’m not giving up. Currently struggling with SmartThings… Good luck with your implementation!

Yes I hear you. I thought I was fairly tech-savvy too but now I know there are levels to this! It was a bumpy road for me but once you get a stable install going, it can pay off! I’d be glad to help if you run into any problems as best I can :wink:

Thanks nima,

I’ve made great progress and as I get past little issues… things settle down, which is what I’ve read. At this point, I have all the integrations needed to have some fun with automations and creating new status screens.

kkl, did you get an answer to your upgrade question yet? For my use, HassWP is perfect. I tried the virtualization route, but the older pc i wanted to dedicate to this was bogged down to a crawl. Because I needed Zwave support I bought a Raspberry Pi for $50 and installed zwavejs2mqtt on it, and they chit chat just great. I also have Mosquitto Mqqt with OmniBridge which all run on the PC. It works great. The only problems, other than learning issues, are actually with the PI, since it doesn’t like to boot up headless.