Home Assistant - Singapore

Create this topic to find Home Assistant homies in Singapore :wink:

Currently in Army, but on my free time planning to create integration for our local bus using DataMall API. Been busy creating a flutter app for my Uni portfolio :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hey there!
Nice to see another Singaporean with Home Assistant.

I have already made an integration for bus arrivals, you might want to check it out:

2 Likes

Hello,
I am from Singapore, nice to see Singaporean here :wave:

Hi to all S’poreans.

Which weather integration do you use to obtain weather data and forecast especially rainfall related?
I use openweathermap now but it does not look accurate.

I’ve just published my own weather integration that pulls data from data.gov.sg (should be similar source as what you get on NEA’s website)

Could technically add more rainfall sensors since there is an API for that, though the station names are not very user friendly and I don’t really want to complicate the set up flow with getting users to set GPS coords etc. NEA doesn’t really provide forecasts on rainfall or probability of rainfall, so most NEA data is just realtime rainfall estimates.

Instead the integration provides instructions to replicate NEA’s rain maps. Try it out and let me know how it works for you.

2 Likes

Hi there,

You may find this Smart Home DIY group useful too.

Members covers all things related to home automation

Right setup & hardware etc inclusive of Home Assistant
too of cos.

Quite awesome :slight_smile:

Hi hi. Fellow Singaporean here. Nice to see home assistant users in Singapore. Just wanna check anyone successfully integrate smart controls for ceiling fans into HA? most fans sold here are tuya WiFi. As I’ve tried, integrating WiFi tuya devices into HA (either by official integration or local tuya), can’t be integrated seamlessly. Any alternatives for ceiling fans applicable to Singapore?

Hi, my approach was to make it as cheap yet smart (broke student). My home uses Fanco Fan, which uses IR remote so I used WIFI-To-IR converter from Broadlink https://broadlinksg.com. You can control the broadlink on hassio.

The cheapest approach is using esp8266 with IR diode and program through esphome, but the signal will be weak so transistor would be nice.

1 Like

Hi folks…i am trying to set up remote access for HA…but am very clueless about networking and port forwarding…am following some youtube tutorial , and will need to set some port forward settings on my router…anyone able to assist how do i set it up for Singtel router?

I have successfully used Local Tuya to integrate with my PO Eco ceiling fan, although there is a bug that is pending a fix to properly receive speed commands.

I was looking for the Home Assistant SkyConnect device, possible to get in Singapore?

I bought from Nabu Casa website, got it faster than getting a HA Yellow

To add to the Broadlink solution, checkout SmartIR, it emulates the device states in HA as entities.

Working pretty well with my Mitsubishi AC and KDK fans.

It’s not well documented but I wrote up a high level overview here.

Hello Singapore community!
Have any of you attempted to integrate SG Group data for utility tracking (electricity/water)?
I would be very interested to add this to my dashboard.

Do they have publicly accessible API?

Yes, this is a good question - would be great to be able to track power usage from SP site

Sigh, don’t think will be possible unless allows a log in to the account from their front end?

if you want to go all in on controlling your aircon, check out controlling mitsubishi aircon directly with esphome and its control port! this blogpost was very helpful in helping me set it up. No need for IR and line of sight anymore!

2 Likes

Newbie to HA here… so would appreciate some advice.

How do I activate the area, region and rain entities in the config flow?

Thank you…

Follow the integration config flow to set up the following entities:

• weather: weather entity with 4 day forecasts
  • area (town) sensors: current weather conditions for up to 47 areas/towns in Singapore
  • region sensors: 24 weather condition forecast for North/South/East/West/Central regions of Singapore
  • rain camera: 2 camera entities for static and animated rain map overlays that are updated every 5 minutes from NEA

==> can anyone please guide me on these steps? newbie here… thank you!

hi, can you share your config set up pls?