Home Assistant Supervised (previously known as Hass.io) on Synology DSM as native package (not supported or working atm)

Has anyone had any luck upgrading to 0.110.3? Tried twice and it basically bricked the install. Can’t pull HA up in a browser. I had to create a new shared folder and restore from a snapshot twice. I’m on 0.110.1.

I’m running 0.110.3 in DSM 6.2.3-25426 and it works flawlessly.

I’ve created the hassio network via the Docker interface before (to fix the network issue I’ve explained in post #2). During the upgrade to DSM 6.2.3 I actually stopped all my containers and removed that network (using the Docker gui) and after the upgrade reboot the supervisor created the interface automatically (just as it is supposed to do during the installation) and now both the DSM VPN package and the hassio_multicast container behaves normal (had issues with the hassio_multicast before). I just had to restart the supervisor container once to get it’s tab to load correctly (not sure what happened here but a simple restart of the package/container should be enough).

Great work @fredrike and the DSM team for supporting externally created networks :stuck_out_tongue:!

@BeardedConti, I’m not very good at documenting but perhaps you can help me to reword what I’m trying to say in this post so it is easier to understand.

Edit:

I suggest that you look at the logs from HA, they give you a clue on what’s going on. Upgrading HA issues are not related to this package, they are more likely due to some integrating that is miss behaving.

1 Like

Hi there,

I am installing hass io on DS918+ with DSM 6.2.3-25426 (latest). It looks it works ok, but I have two issues:

1. In system log (in Supervisor) I have following errors:
20-05-27 07:06:33 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Docker version 18.09.8 is not supported by Supervisor!
20-05-27 07:06:33 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.docker] Docker storage driver btrfs is not supported!
20-05-27 07:06:33 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.docker] Docker logging driver db is not supported!
20-05-27 07:06:33 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.core] System running in a unhealthy state. Please update you OS or software!

Is this something I should worry about?

1. After fresh install of hass io I lost my SMB sharing on DSM. How can I disable the samba server on hass io to keep my DSM SMB working? Or am I missing something else?

Thank you.

Oh, another one…

There is no default SMB server on hassio, but there exists an addon…

Trying to install it for the first time, docker is running. I can find the package, but I get a “Failed to download”. Is the repo down ?
(also, next to join beta is says download count 0 which is unusual)

[UPDATE]: yes repo down - any direct link for the package ?

Yes, the repo is down - see https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/issues/3981

Direct link: https://github.com/publicarray/spksrc/releases/download/hassio-20191224/hassio_x64-6.1_20191224-1.spk

Thanks, much appreciated !

Thank you for the answer regarding the errors. Sorry for placing dumb questions. :slight_smile:

As for the samba problem - I’ll try to be more specific and sorry again if this has been discussed allready (tried to search). I have shared folders on my DSM that are accesible via SMB (from windows client). After clean installation of hass io the shared folders are no more accesible via SMB from that client. When I delete hass io containers in docker the DSM shared folders are accesible again. I dont’ need SMB addon in hass io (donť have it installed). How can I fix the problem of DSM shared folders not beeing accesible via SMB after hass io install? Thank you.

Ok, so I tried to elaborate. In docker, I deleted the hassio network which solved my problem with accessing SMB shared DSM folders (before it was still accessible by using nas ip address instead of NAS name). Then in docker I created new hassio netowrk with the same parameters and containers. I restarted containers. SMB folders are still accessible. But the hassio_multicast container keeps restarting with errors:

mdns-repeater: dev eth0 addr 192.168.0.220 mask 255.255.255.0 net 192.168.0.0
mdns-repeater: send setsockopt(SO_BINDTODEVICE): No such device
mdns-repeater: unable to create socket for interface hassio
mdns-repeater: exit.

Any thoughts please? I am a bit blind as I donť have deep insight into these things. Thank you.

Update: After clean install when I remove all containers from hassio network in docker I can access the DSM shared folders via server name (\\nas\). But after that I cant’ get rid of the “Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js” error when going to Supervisor. Restarting hassio_supervisor container doesn’t help.

It seems that the docker hassio network somehow prevents clients from accessing DSM server (shared folders) via server name. It works only via IP address.

@fredrike I believe you got the IP Range incorrect, as it is outside the Subnet (C value for subnet and gateway is 32, IP range is 33)

1 Like

Great find! The question is how I release a new version then…

Will upload something tomorrow…

@fredrike actually, I may have been wrong in the first place… if subnet is 172.30.32.0/23 then it ranges 172.30.32.0 - 172.30.33.255, so IP range 172.30.33.0/24 (172.30.33.0 - 172.30.33.255) is inside that subnet!

It seems I was wrong, sorry about that!

Great, I though I’ve done it the other way around. Set the network to /24 but it should be /23…

I’ve added this to the #2 post. Thanks @BeardedConti.

Thank you! I’ve added that information in post #2 (the package probably needs to be updated to do this in the upgrade stage).

Shouldn’t HASSIO_CONTAINERS have a $?

So instead of:

for CONTAINER in HASSIO_CONTAINERS; do

it would be:

for CONTAINER in $HASSIO_CONTAINERS; do
1 Like

Hello People :wink:,

Is it possible to add Docker Monitor?
As I understand it right I’ve to add -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock but I’v no qlue how to add this to the container. So any help is welcome

The Docker monitor allows you to monitor statistics and turn on/off containers. The monitor can connected to a daemon through the url parameter. When home assistant is used within a Docker container, the daemon can be mounted as follows -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock. The monitor is based on Glances and ha-dockermon and combines (in my opinion the best of both integrated in HA :)).

https://github.com/brianhanifin/docker-monitor

Yes you are right, thanks for pointing it out. I’ve updated…

Did you try adding it through custom repository? I don’t see why it shouldn’t work, but your best bet is to try yourself - I’m using Portainer for this purpose.

Hi!
I have been running your really great package for about half a year without any problems on my DS218+
However i did run into some problems with the 0.110.3 and decided to reinstall the package. I did also reinstall docker 18.09.0-0513. I removed the old hassio folder.
However when installing, nothing shows up in Docker?
DSM log file says Info “System 2020-06-02 19:54:58 admin Package [Hass.io] has been successfully installed.”
I also have Audio Station installed and firewall disabled. DSM Version: 6.2.2-24922-4.
What do do? Thanks!

I did try with an older Docker…but Hass.io package updates the Docker during installation.
One odd thing is that the claimed download of the Hass.io package is zero, see below?

Forgot to mention that i’m also trying the Direct link: https://github.com/publicarray/spksrc/releases/download/hassio-20191224/hassio_x64-6.1_20191224-1.spk