Home Assistant Windows App (Home Assistant Taskbar Menu)

Hi!

I have implemented a simple Home Assistant client for Windows. It can control entities, display Home Assistant web interface, create shortcuts to your favorite actions and mirror persistent notifications.

menu_3

notification
search
shortcuts

You can download it here:

17 Likes

New version (v1.0.1.0) with compact UI is available!

New features coming soon!

2 Likes

New version with built-in browser is available now!

Hello,

When I enter my Home Assistant URL and access token after opening the application, hitting “Check” just results in both of those fields turning red without any sort of error with what might have gone wrong. Can’t seem to find a log file to check.

I’ve tried both the internal (HTTP) and external (HTTPS, valid signed SSL) with the same result.

Hey, I don’t have admin access. Do you know how I can use this without admin?

@AaronCake I have released a new version of application, it saves logs to the directory that contains config (%APPDATA%/Home Assistant Taskbar Menu/), can you check it out?

@KTibow The latest release also contains zip archive that can be extracted without admin rights.

Couldn’t get the zip to work, how should you do that?

There seems to be some issues, I am checking it out…

@KTibow it should work now

Facing a bug where it randomly hides due to inactivity at bottom part of the menu. Any fixes? Also mind making the icons smaller for the taskbar on the browser?

Which part is hidden?
Why do you think icons size should be changed?

The whole popup gets hidden if I scroll all the way down and put my mouse at the very bottom.
Mainly because most apps don’t have this big icons:
vs

Also, any way to remove an entity?

It’s possible that popup is changed due to updated entity. In settings you can configure your menu to contain any desired entity.

I will consider redesign of title bar, but it is not a top priority.

1 Like

Okay, figured that out. Also consider adding binary sensors.

Currently menu only contains “actionable” entities, I am considering extending it with “readonly” entities, but right now I don’t have an idea for UI.

Spent way too long working on this.
Any plans to add moving around the order without deleting everything? Also how do I get notifications to work?

I plan to add it, but it’s a bit tricky, so I have postponed it in favor of new features. Currently in this case you can manually edit config_view.dat file, it is just a JSON.

Notifications should work out of the box, they just mirror persistent notifications, there is no dedicated service.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!
I tried the new version and had the same issue, so checked the long:

These are the only contents:

[09/16/2020 13:26:12] Config directory: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Home Assistant Taskbar Menu\Home Assistant Taskbar Menu
[09/16/2020 13:26:12] NO CONFIGURATION
[09/16/2020 13:26:32] Unable to connect

Great and very useful app !
However, am I the only one with the frequent disconnection issue ? Every time my PC goes into sleep mode, the taskbar ‘disconnects’ from HA and clicking on the “reconnect” button doesn’t do anything
image .
I need to quit the taskbar app and relaunch it. Any idea how to fix it ?
Thank you