Home Assistant Won't Connect After 2024.10

Exact same issue here

Rolled back to v4.13.2 for Alexa Media Player and seems stable now

1 Like

Same her on Yellow as well. It kept rebooting every hour or so. I just restored to a previous backup.

Same problem here.
Rebooting every 30 seconds or so.
Deactivated Alexa Mediaplayer, reboot seems to stop - but I have still problems.
When editing on the dashbord the “save” button is not available.

• Core 2024.10.0
  • Supervisor 2024.09.1
  • Operating System 13.1
  • Frontend 20241002.2

Clear the browser cache and if that doesn’t fix it start a fresh topic for that problem.

1 Like

Go back to your 2024.9.3 backup, check it is stable, update to 2024.10.0, but don;t update the Alexa Media component, instead hit the skip button. That Alexa version messes up many things.

3 Likes
4 Likes

clearing cache seem to be the resolver. Will try a bit, but looks good.

Just found this post. Had this issue last night, was about to restore to 2024.9.3 from backup. I do not use Alexa Media Player. I suspect there are multiple issues.

Same here with Yellow. Disabling Alexa fix the issue

2 Likes

Same here… Disabling Alexa Media Player did the trick

Same here.

Same here. Reboot of HA evey 10 minutes.
Also using Alexa Media Player v4.13.3.
I downgraded now to v4.13.2.

Now the issue is fixed, no more reboots :slight_smile:
Good that I looked into this forum.

Same here – downgraded Alexa to version 4.13.2, and the issue stopped.

Thanks for the tip! I just disabled Alexa Media Player after restarting safe mode. Can you give me a clue on how to downgrade it to a working version? Thanks again!

Same here. Disabling Alexa Media Player stopped the crashed. I’m really surprised that an integration can cause the whole system to crash like this. Maybe the HA devs can look into what they could do to make the system more resilient to this kind of thing.

1 Like

Go to HACS and select the Alexa Media Player integration.
Click “Download again” and select “Another Version”. Here you can choose a version and downgrade.

1 Like

Well, I thought the issue was fixed I actually completely deleted the integration because I honestly don’t even use it. As soon as I update even without the integration I am still getting the crash, so apparently I have other issues I honestly have no idea what’s causing it. UGHHHHHH

The HA devs have no control over external custom components. That’s why you get a warning in the logs for each custom component explaining this every time you restart HA.

To make things worse, Alexa Media Player does not currently have an active code maintainer and is on life support. Hell, once you upgrade HA to 2024.10.1, it will not even let you load any AMP version from 4.13.3 and below.
Everything’s explained clearly in the post tagged with the solution tag . Please read that vey carefully.

1 Like

Awesome! That worked perfectly! Thank you so much.

Totally agree and I understand it’s a kinda “at your own risk” deal. Just got me thinking if there was anything they could do to protect the system from things like this. It’s probably an architecture level issue which would take some heavy lifting to change. Still we live in hope. :smile: