Home Assistant Yellow

I have sent again a mail and asked them to check if they are not mixing up the POE with the Yellow kit.
And bingo… got this message back:

Hello,

So after reviewing your order in the warehouse system, it looks like your order has been picked and should be shipping out to you within the next day or two!

Regards,
Tanner

Regards,

Crowd Supply Support
Got a project in the works? Launch with us.
Any other questions about Crowd Supply? Check out our Guide.

Then I wonder if mine will be shipped in the next day or two as well. I placed my order back in March 26th!

maybe, maybe not,
this depends on what is expected of croudsupply, I also would wish it goes faster.
But is anything assembled, or does crowdsupply need to assemble the kit, do they have to put the adapter and network cable in a nice box. Maybe that takes some time.
Or are the boxed packed and ready when araving? because in that scenario I think they could go faster.
btw, I actually think they sent 80 to 90 a day, we have to exclude the weekends.

The issue I have is that this can be calculated so proper shipment dates can be assigned and not just move up everything everytime.

1 Like

Well looks like I’m officially bumped (even though CS still shows 10/21)

Originally ordered 2x PoEs in Feb 2022, then switched to Power Supply in July when the PoE delay was announced. I get it, but had the dates been even remotely accurate in July, I wouldn’t have put considerable effort in procuring 2x CM4s, and would have gone a different direction for my hardware. Now I’m screwed. They knew they only had 1k full units and 1k PS kits inbound. The inventory math is not that hard.

Anyone know of a good CM4 carrier board that supports NVMe?

1 Like

:frowning: Sounds like I’m in the same boat. I have a PoE on order and ordered a power supply version in early August because the estimated ship date indicated that there were still units available in the first shipment. I’ve got a new construction house that should be done in early Jan so it sounds like I’m going to have to figure out a different solution.

I’m looking at to TOFU CM4 board. That will end up being quite a bit more expensive than the Yellow - enough that a NUC or tiny PC might make more sense.

I was looking at the Tofu as well, but found these from Waveshare today. Chinese company, but it is all coming out of the same sweatshop anyway, right? And also sold on Amazon. As a bonus, they have a predrilled antenna hole I can use with my Z-Wave razzberry 7 Pro.

PoE version with 2280 M2 slot, RTC, full header and battery backup (CM4-POE-UPS-BOX):
https://a.co/5LMWQwY

No PoE or UPS, but smaller and still has a RTC and a 2242 M2 slot:
https://a.co/6r0wLVk

… now I just need to figure out what I am going to do for Zigbee. Will probably go with a SONOFF Plus 3.0 e-version and hope it can be flashed to support Thread later since it uses the same EFR32MG21 as the Yellow.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I was actually just looked at the waveshare website when you posted.

I ordered the CM4-IO-BASE-BOX-B from amazon and the TubesZB EFR32 PoE Coordinator.

1 Like

What made you pick the TubesZB PoE? Planning on locating it remotely in your attic or somewhere away from your HA hardware?

Let me know when your’s is shipped because I sent another email out to Tanner to double check my order, since I got the Power Supply version. Mine still has not shipped out yet.

1 Like

Yes I will. My order status is for 2 days: being processed.
No idea when it turns to shipped.
Estimated ship date is still October 21 and no tracking number received.

2 Likes

Today my Yellow arrived, installed directly times and runs flawlessly.
Now I have installed the OpenThread addon because I really need Thread (for Eve).
In the documentation is now the talk of a flash of the Yellow chip so that it runs as a border router.
Can anyone tell me if I have any limitations with this? What if I want to go back to the normal firmware?
Have there currently still a few inhibitions :confused:

And don’t worry, if the device was shipped, it goes very fast until he arrives :wink:

1 Like

Same here :disappointed: I ordered mine back in August under the impression that I would have the Yellow in time to make an orderly transition away from SmartThings before they shut down WebCORE. That’s now looking increasingly unlikely…

2 Likes

And again no pro active communication. Have sent another mail to ask for a confirmation on the shipment (should be shipped today). Order status is still: Being processed.

Answer I got:

Hello,

We are still waiting from our shipping distributor to ship out of their warehouse. If you do not receive an email confirmation containing shipping info by Monday, please reach out and I will get you another update!

Regards,
Tanner

Regards,

Crowd Supply Support
Got a project in the works? Launch with us.
Any other questions about Crowd Supply? Check out our Guide.

1 Like

How are you getting a reply from him so fast? I do the support chat from the site and it takes forever?

I do not use chat. I’ve sent them a e-mail. When I send a mail around 10:00 (Dutch Time zone), I receive an answer around 15:00 hours.

What is the email?

I have used this link: Contact Us | Crowd Supply

Finally after a lot of e-mails and unclarity my Yellow is shipped.
Will be delivered on 25 October in the Netherlands. :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Lucky lad. Idk if it’s because I’m in the United States but Tanner is not answering my questions. He is now stating the delays are because I have the CM4 in my order? How does that affect the shipment of the yellow kit. They are totally separate things. SMH…

What was youre order date?