Home Assistant Yellow

No updates about shipping? Can I cancel somehow as it looks like nothing is moving on… I rather get something else instead.

You can cancel by opening a ticket with your order number on CrowdSupply.

My date just moved to October 7th,

For people who are impatient for there order to arrive I think it’s fair to say that this is a crowdfunding project. Some setbacks should be anticipated by both the manufacturers as by the backers.

I know the date moving up is a disappointment as backing something probably means you really want this. But on the other hand a few setbacks is not something no one couldn’t have foreseen.

I want to say thanks to all the people who helped and are still helping to make this project work.

2 Likes

I think it just adds 7 days everytime it passes the previous deadline.

2 Likes

Where is the support forum/email for home assistant yellow ?

I just got my yellow-kit and it refuses to start booting from USB if I have a NVME installed.
Nothing output to console.
I’m using a CM4-lite so no eemc to install to.
w/o NVME installed it boots and the yellow light start flashing and I get output on the console.
It looks like it is attempting to install HAOS to the non existing NVME.

I’m happy to see them arriving already. Great news.

I remember seeing some getting started guides on the home Assistant website but I’m unable to find them.

Did you buy it with a “fresh” cm4 or is it one you’ve been using previously? I know it’s possible to change the boot order on the cm4 itself.

@JumpMaster

It is a CM4-lite I used before.

With CM4 in another carrier and plain Raspbian OS I can boot off the SD card with NVME attached. I used to be able to boot off the NVME but now that seem to have broken.
I can see the Rasbian OS detecting Nvme and loading config.txt and command.txt and and then stall when trying to boot Nvme.

I also used to be able at one point to boot HAOS 32-but, but that stopped working around 8.0.

With yellow I’m not able to get any console message indicating booting is starting from usb with Nvme attached.
Just dead :slightly_frowning_face:

I’ve ordered a different Nvme to see if that will make a difference.

It looks like I will be receiving my Yellow soon. Just a question, where the heck can I get a CM4 node. I thought that by the time I would finally get my Yellow, they would be in good supply again. But no such luck.

Any suggestions are welcome.

1 Like

https://rpilocator.com/

1 Like

Possibly some help for folks getting started with Yellow.

Whilst there is a support link there, it doesn’t link to any forum, mailing list or other support channel. I guess this forum or discord is it.

2 Likes

I was wondering if the Home Assistant Yellow will be purchasable from different places in the future? The only way to order right now from Crowd Supply is using a CC, which I don’t own currently.

If you don’t mind spending a bit of a premium, you can harvest a 4/32/Wireless CM4 out of this see studio mini router, also available on Amazon.

Not to cause alarm. But the latest update says:

The units have started shipping as of today, and the remaining orders from this batch will ship through the rest of this week!

How would we know if we are in this batch? My shipping date is today so I would assume I’m in this/the first batch. But is there anyway to be sure?

2 Likes

I have the same question. For me is the shipment day also today.

The only information provided: " The units have started shipping as of today, and the remaining orders from this batch will ship through the rest of this week! You’ll receive a shipping confirmation email once your order ships."

1 Like

same question here,
but with the 9 hour time difference between my house and Portland, it think if anything will be shipped it will be late today or tonight.

And if the order is not in the first batch I’ll find out in a few days anyway :wink:

Damn. My order just got kicked to Estimated to ship: Oct. 14, 2022. Not happy. Hopefully this doesn’t mean I missed the boat on the first batch.

2 Likes

My shipment date is today.
I contacted support and they say:

Thanks for reaching out! Your order has not shipped yet, orders placed during the crowdfunding campaign are shipping first, and pre-orders will be shipped afterwards.

Once your order ships, you will receive a shipping confirmation email that will include your tracking number.

2 Likes

That’s too bad. Shipping date has been moved to October 14. :sob::sob::sob:
When will I finally receive my Yellow?

1 Like

I don’t believe there’s any accurate shipping date. crowdsupply just adds 7 days everytime the shipping date lapses.

Would be nice to know which batch we’re part of and have a proper estimate.

3 Likes