Home Connect: alpha testers wanted

Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking in terms of automation. Okay so it’s worth jumping through the hoops to set up SSL for this then, thanks for the confirmation!

You don’t even need SSL… It is working without using SSL or exposing your HA to the web.

1 Like

1m

Oh my god, that’s great! I had been planning to use the below, didn’t know about this one. Thanks so much!

GitHub

DavidMStraub/homeassistant-homeconnect

Custom component for Home Assistant to connect appliances supporting the Home Connect standard (WIP) - DavidMStraub/homeassistant-homeconnect

I tried this but get:

"error": "unauthorized_client",
  "error_description": "client not authorized for this oauth flow (grant_type)"

Can you please make a detailed step by step walktrough?

Please see the installation part in the Readme-File. I used this as well and worked. I used the linux console for the commands for the OAuth2 procedure.

Installation:

• Ensure your HOME CONNECT device is set up and working in the Home Connect app.
  • Copy this folder to <config_dir>/custom_components/home_connect/ .
  • Create an account on https://developer.home-connect.com/.
  • Register an application. Pick Device flow for OAuth flow.
  • Once you start this sequence, you have 5 minutes to complete it (or you’ll have to restart from here):
    • export CLIENT_ID="YOUR_CLIENT_ID"
    • curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" -d "client_id=${CLIENT_ID}" https://api.home-connect.com/security/oauth/device_authorization | tee tmp.json
    • Go to verification_uri in a browser, type in user_code . Log in using your (end user, not developer) Home Connect account and approve.
    • export DEVICE_CODE=$(jq -r .device_code tmp.json)
    • curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" -d "grant_type=urn:ietf:params:oauth:grant-type:device_code&device_code=${DEVICE_CODE}&client_id=${CLIENT_ID}" https://api.home-connect.com/security/oauth/token | tee access_token.json
    • jq .refresh_token access_token.json

Put the following in your home assistant config:

sensor:
  - platform: home_connect
    refresh_token: "YOUR_REFRESH_TOKEN"

HI,

I have been looking at this integration for a week now or something.
It worked fine when I installed. All actions, door open/closed, programms, all detected correctly. And it has been running fine untill yesterday. Now I dont get info of the device anymore. It is there in HA, but the info is not updated I think. dont know why. Nothin in the log file I think.

Is there anything I can do to help you with the right logs ? to try to understand it?
regards,

Dear nontijt

Thanks for using the integration. Do the HC devices correctly appear inside the HOME CONNECT App on your smartphone?

Try to add home_connect to your logger by adding the following to your configuration.yaml, then you should get additional infos:

logger:
  default: info
  logs: 
    custom_components.home_connect: debug

This, perhaps? https://github.com/DavidMStraub/homeconnect/issues/3

I expanded the installation and usage part for my integration:

Actually I didn’t notice the problem that the sensors stop working? Which integration did you use?

I do not want to create a mess with the integration from DavidMStraub, so maybe I’ll just create another topic to avoid further confusing… Sorry for that.

Now a seperate topic: HOME CONNECT INTEGRATION (working even without SSL & not exposing HA to web)

1 Like

@cotwild can you please start a new thread? It is really confusing to have Q & A on two different integrations in the same thread.

Sorry, just noticed you just announced that! :+1:

Sorry, I might be causing more uncertainty than needed.

The integration I used is the one in HACS.
https://github.com/DavidMStraub/homeassistant-homeconnect
In the bottom of this page, there is a link to this thread, So I assumed this is the correct place. But I am unsure now, reading there are two versions.

Is this the right thread? Sorry if I misposted.

If this is correct, I will add the debug line written above.
Regards,

Naive question: is there any timing on when the pull request for this integration into HA will be merged?

1 Like

I wish there were. I’m frustrated about it too, but the problem is that I still have no clue how to fix this bug: https://github.com/DavidMStraub/homeconnect/issues/3. It doesn’t make sense to merge the PR until this is fixed. Any help is highly welcome.

Hello

Great work, i have the option to test the following things

Oven HM876GDB6S

Dishwasher SN678X66TE

Extractor hood LR29CQS25

Cook top EX877KYX5E

Coffemaker CT836LEB6

One thing i can see i already are missing is the option to control the light of the hood, i hope you will have a look at sometime. Edit there is already a issue on it https://github.com/DavidMStraub/homeassistant-homeconnect/issues/57 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys, I can’t get this to work using a nabu casa url. Has that been done before?

Hello,
is there an update on this topic already?
I am also looking forward to this feature :smiley:

Hi, I have everything in place. but upon adding the integration (the above one is the list, there are 2?) I am forwarded to an authorization site… but I cannot get passed that…

I even am locked out after a while…

I am 100% sure i have added the correct credentials and in the registered application on the developer portal as well…

After timeout:

what can be wrong?

Hello
I still have the same problem like 1 year ago (when your integration is in development mode):

• after some time (sometimes hours, sometimes 2 days) HA loses the connection to the two machines (washing machine, dishwasher).
  • I have found out, that a restard helps. So to prevent loosing connection, I restart HA every night. Sometimes it works for the full day. Sometimes at afternoon it stops. However for the next day after a restart the connection is back.
  • Even in the middle of a washing programm it just freezes.

I upgraded the hardware of HA from a Pi3 to a Pi4. But nothing changed. The Pi4 is faster, its load is below 1. I think its not a hardware problem.

But then I have found an interesting solution than restart in the middle of day: In HA->Configuration->Integration->Home Connect I press “reload”. Then the connection to the machines are back.
Sadly there is no automation at the moment for reloading. But maybe it helps the develops to find the problem?

Gilbert

Hello everyone,
I am new to HA but have owned two BSH devices for 2 years now.
I would like to integrate them once I have HA setup. But from my understanding, this implementation requires a working cloud connection, is that correct? Or os that just needed for the initial installation and can then be cut?

The Home Connect app allows me to disable the server, so the app will only work locally without an internet connection. Could this not also be used by HA?

(I would like to keep as many devices in a local-only VLAN as possible).

Thank you for you help.
Alex

Not possible since this talks to the bosch cloud via the developer network.