Home-Dashboard, your Home Assistant Wall Control In Style

Hi guy, this is the app I’ve made for my in wall tablet to show off my home assistant, it’s look pretty cool and really easy to setup.

To build an impressive control UI, all you need is just download the app, login your assistant, select few devices and that all… no programming skill required. (Quick guide in the included video)

I hope this app is what you need to build your own stylish wall control.

5 Likes

Apple App Store:

Google Play Store:

Thanks for this great development which complements Your superb HassKit for phones :slight_smile:
This solved my greatest problem with really customizable dashboard. To use it I installed Lineage OS 16 (Android Pie) on Raspberry Pi 4 with original 7" touch LCD in case and have now a small wall unit with all desired connections: LAN, 4x USB, BT, analog audio…
One small problem tho- can not figure out how to resize tiles in groups?
Best regards and TIA, JR

Thank you, I’ll definitively try install Lineage OS.

Does it perform well, how the performance compare to a device like 4 year old tablet?

The tile size come with 4 preset. Depend on how many group per page in the setting (2, 3, 4, 6) the tile will be bigger or smaller.

Thanks for Your reply.
Can not comment on eg 4 years old tablet vs RPI as tablets are different. RPI4 does not seem laggy for me besides absence (yet) for HW accelerated graphics but my security cameras display nicely.
I used this repo LineageOS 16.0 (Android 9) . About its shortcomings it is better to read on its Disqus comments.
As I stated the main goal for using RPI in place of a tablet was much better external HW connections.
Best, JR

1 Like

Been using the latest version of this, and i have to say i am really impressed how easy it is to create a dashboard on IOS and Android

well done to the dev

Home-Dashboard Version: 3.3.2

Add support Master Lock and Toggle Lock Improve logic against brute force Pin Code unlocking Improve Label user interface Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/home-dashboard/id1499398822

Android Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thhkstudio.hassdash

Github (Android Only): https://github.com/tuanha2000vn/Home-Assistant-Dashboard/releases/latest

I just installed the app to check it out and… I am seeing a full setup and log in to your settings already preset? I that a mistake?

It’s the included demo server. YOu can add your own server connection later on.

I realized that. I was just worried that it was your home you open to every one. I realize now that it was a demo… but a live one.

1 Like

Thank for giving app a try, if you have any issue please give us feedback on discord or facebook

How did you configure to show the thermostats on the right? Mine only show if I click on the thermostat icon on the app which then opens up with all the details.

Wow I personally can not get an idea why this is sooooooo lost in all topics :frowning:
Have been using as my main dashboard for months and can not really complain about anything…
And guess what- WAF is the highest as she… uses it and understands :slight_smile:
I use all the mainstream apps on phone- but tablet…
Hope this is not an advertisment- but worth a try.
Best, JR

I can only agree, best dashboard for HA without a doubt. Install now if you havent!

How did you get your floor plan to show up in the home-dashboard app?
Is it dynamic and change dependent on light states etc.

Hi! It looks awesome, but I am afraid i have problem. I have just downloaded app and I put my external URL, but there is a error, site is unavailable net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. Should I configure something in HA, first?

Hi all,

I just bought 5 Nokia 2.2s (they were $15 a pop) with the idea that I’d turn a couple of them into Home Assistant Dashboards to manually control my smart devices.

I see two limitations to this idea that I am hoping someone better and smarter than me has already resolved.

1. Security. I’d like anyone in my house to use these, however, I don’t want people going through my emails etc. Is there a way to ensure that this App is the only App that people can use when they use the device? Or are there even better solutions?

2. Power Saving. I’ll need to connect these to power through USB however, it would be great if there is a way to minimise the power draining aspect of this solution? Any ideas? I’m happy to play around with Tasker or IFTTT to create some rules. i.e. only on when people are at home. low power at night etc?

Thanks in advance
Carl

Actually. Hold that thought. I’ve stumbled upon Kiosk software that appears to do what I want. :slight_smile:

Today I installed home-dashboard on Lenovo SmartTab and Pixel 3a - congratualations, good job!
There’s only one thing with problems: I integrated several Android-IPWebcams in my homeassistant and I cannot see the streams in home-dashboard. Under Windows Chrome it works fine.

Do you know how to fix this probelm?