Home Panel - A web frontend for controlling the home

@airbur, I’ve opened you an issue on the repository:

https://github.com/timmo001/home-panel/issues/283

This could be applied to other types as well (as a config option) to show the content shown in a dialog in the card instead

Is it possible to use Home Panel with a Nabu Casa Cloud url? Seems like it should be, but I don’t see it mentioned in the documentation anywhere so I’m wondering if it’s not supported.

Does the demo feature still work? When I click that link, it ask for “Home Assistant URL” and no matter what I input, it returns a “Socket connection timed out” error.

Thanks for picking this up. I’ve updated the post to show the latest readme.

The demo is not avaliable anymore since the new user system was put in place. (It’s also a bit of a hosting issue)

Hey,
just installed and did a reboot.
however, when i go to create an account i get the following error: “Authentication timed out”

I have DDNS and 2FA enabled.

got this in the logs

Publishing all events to all authenticated users. See channels.js and Channels | feathers for more information.
error: NotAuthenticated: No auth token
at new NotAuthenticated (/opt/api/node_modules/@feathersjs/errors/lib/index.js:93:17)
at app.authenticate.then (/opt/api/node_modules/@feathersjs/authentication/lib/hooks/authenticate.js:87:31)
at process.internalTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:77:7)

Hi @timmo001 - fantastic job on Home Panel and great to see this is still an active project, with regular updates. And, I :heart: the fact it has a UI!

I’m moving into my new place in July and getting things prepped to install my new setup. I’ve recently been using TileBoard and customized the UI a lot, mainly to match the size of my Amazon Fire 7 tablets.

The main things I’ve customised in TileBoard where (screenshot below):

• Header to ensure its minimalist providing key info such as date, time and outside weather
  • Tile sizes so that I can fit 4x3 grid
  • Dynamic Background changes depending on the weather (which i took inspiration from HACP). So rain will display rain bg and fog a misty background etc… I think this is a super neat touch!
  • Day/night theme to ensure my screen is not too bright it low light situations.
  • Menu bar positioned to the left of the screen
  • Lights title displays the number of lights on (shown in the lights column below) and when tapped, hyperlinks to the correct page for controls (living room lights will go to the living room tab).

I am interested to know which of these features are possible with Home Panel? @timmo001 and I chatted briefly yesterday evening but also opening up to the community to see ideas further a field. I’ve ticked the ones I know is possible…

• Header - any plans to have a cutomised header? I dont want to feature a huge clock
  • :white_check_mark: Tile sizes
  • Dynamic Background - any ideas how I would intergrate this?
  • :white_check_mark: Day/night theme
  • Menu bar can this be moved around the screen? and feature a transparent background?
  • Lights title - any ideas how I would intergrate this?

Here’s a screenshot of the progress I made but never really finished.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I am missiing something, but I cannot get the font size to change, whatever number I enter in the Size fields make no difference to the displayed font size.

Hi, I am a new user to HASS.IO and I am having trouble configuring and setting up the Home-Panel Add-On. When I try and add an entity to a tile in the drop down menu “The Home Assistant entity_id” it just says No Options. I am a bit confused where I am going wrong, any help would be appreciated, Thanks

2 Likes

Hey @timmo001 great work on this! Looks and works fantastic.

I’m testing it out on a Raspberry Pi, with 7" display. I’m a little concerned because it’s using a massive amount of CPU, for a web app. Am I doing something wrong here?

Firefox:

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
  775 pi        20   0  570924 191696  72948 R  99.7 20.2   3:36.86 Web Content
  697 pi        20   0  863320 198820 100424 S   2.3 20.9   0:42.69 firefox-esr 

Chromium-browser

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
  980 pi        20   0  415932 104272  66996 R 114.2 11.0   0:26.81 chromium-browse
  704 pi        20   0  668072 145448 104868 S  11.6 15.3   0:11.68 chromium-browse

Cheers

EDIT: Simply removing sensor.dark_sky_icon has lowered the CPU usage from 114% to ~20%. Yay pretty animations!

Posting here also for wider visibility - help this helps!

1 Like

Just getting started on setting up Home Panel, I have a few binary sensors that are connected via Konnected, HA seems to know the difference and labels them as open or closed, however Home Panel just put the name there, no locked or unlocked, or open closed status. I’m sure I’m missing something but anyone have any tips? I tried unit of measurement but that didnt seem to work.

Have Home Panel set up on Hass.io running HA 0.94.3 as the latest add-on

Everything works fine until I try and configure group toggle. When I add a group entity_id it splits the group into the component entities.

e.g. group.lounge_light splits into light.lounge_1 and light.lounge_2 with separate buttons for each instead of a single button for the group.

Any ideas?

Is there any way to have a graph displayed in Home Panel? Would be nice to be able to see a temperature graph or CPU load graph (or maybe as a pop-up when pushed).

I use Tileboard instead of Homepanel I managed to do this by using Grafana to generate graphs and then display them in the Tileboard UI.

You can probably do something similar in Homepanel :slight_smile:

I am trying to set this up using ssl. I am running HA in docker and I am using the letsencrypt image with nginx. I have directed the correct certificates i.e.
~/ssl/fullchain.pem:/data/ssl/fullchain.pem
~/ssl/privkey.pem:/data/ssl/privkey.pem

Howevre when i try and create an account it gives me an error saying socket connection timeout.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

I can’t access HP from outside HA. I enter localip:8234 and I get a connection refused.

Did you ever get an answer about this? I’m unable to create an account as well. I am on Nabu Cass cloud connect and have ssl off.

I’m getting the same error you are/were.

Yes, in the HP config network settings, 80/tcp, add 8234

1 Like

For me, that’s what is there by default.

Turned debugging on
Whenever I try to create a username - no matter what I put in I get the below error but obviously with the insert key replaced by whatever username I use, can’t get past this, any help appreciated

error: Error: Can’t insert key happiness, it violates the unique constraint
at _AVLTree.insert (/opt/api/node_modules/binary-search-tree/lib/avltree.js:273:19)
at AVLTree.insert (/opt/api/node_modules/binary-search-tree/lib/avltree.js:307:27)
at Index.insert (/opt/api/node_modules/nedb/lib/indexes.js:77:15)
at Datastore.addToIndexes (/opt/api/node_modules/nedb/lib/datastore.js:180:29)
at Datastore._insertInCache (/opt/api/node_modules/nedb/lib/datastore.js:402:10)
at Datastore._insert (/opt/api/node_modules/nedb/lib/datastore.js:348:10)
at /opt/api/node_modules/nedb/lib/executor.js:40:13
at Immediate.process (/opt/api/node_modules/nedb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:731:21)
at processImmediate (timers.js:632:19)